Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense M4A1 and damage on my MK18

CGN Regular

Daniel Defense M4A1 and damage on my MK18

Hello everyone at W.S.

I'm trying to contact you on here because email isn't working for me. I won't be able to call till Monday when you guys are open on my day off. Anyways I'm looking to get another Daniel Defense because apparently I love pissing my wife off. I'd like to get the M4A1, but was wondering if I can custom order in all black? When it comes to black rifles I like to keep it just that; black. I don't like all this FDE, Tornado Grey stuff floating around. Please let me know, also I will need a new Daniel Defense Lower for my MK18. Unless you guys know how to fix the chip on the side by the mag release button, I put my gun down on my magazine, and I don't know if it was the weight if the gun with my accessories or maybe because it was the edge of the magazine, but when I put her down on the shooting table accidentally on top of one of my magazines, I dented the mag well externally. I'll post pictures up soon. I look forward to hearing from you, this will be my third Daniel Defense rifle from you, I also just bought Ruger 10/22 black laminate to help me wait for my HK USP 9 order ha!

All the best,
    CashMonkey

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Email me some pictures of the damage at grumpy@wolverinesupplies.com

Here is a complete DD lower that we have for sale, we have no stripped ones.
    http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...Furniture.aspx

These rifles are tough as hell, just take a look at the torture test videos online, so I'm trying to figure out how setting it down on a magazine can do that kind of damage to it.

In regards to the M4A1, we'll have to wait til Monday so I can check with the purchasers to see if we have any all black on order. If we don't one could be ordered but I will be up front and say that the wait time will be fairly long. Did you want the new style furniture or the magpul?
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    Email me some pictures of the damage at grumpy@wolverinesupplies.com

Here is a complete DD lower that we have for sale, we have no stripped ones.
    http://www.wolverinesupplies.com/det...Furniture.aspx

These rifles are tough as hell, just take a look at the torture test videos online, so I'm trying to figure out how setting it down on a magazine can do that kind of damage to it.

In regards to the M4A1, we'll have to wait til Monday so I can check with the purchasers to see if we have any all black on order. If we don't one could be ordered but I will be up front and say that the wait time will be fairly long. Did you want the new style furniture or the magpul?
    Hello Mr. Grumpy,

Yes sir thats was I was thinking; how could that have happened when it took bird shot and buck shot and still shot in the torture test. I was shooting off hand, unloaded the firearm put the magazine down took my rifle off cause it was slung at the time. I quickly put it back down onto the shooting table accidentally on top of my magazine. I admit I didn't put it down softly, so I was surprised when I heard the metal on metal bang. I inspected the rifle and found the ding. I will send you an email as soon as I get home and take pictures if it. I wanted the Magpul style M4A1 only because I've got friends with DD's with the new furniture. I like the Magpul better that's just me. Also because I wanted it to be the big brother version of my MK18. I don't mind long waits, my HK is custom order through you it's ETA is 8 months, honestly I don't mind waiting because it's a quality product from a quality business with great customer service. I work at a firearm retail store myself and I try to treat my customers with the same respect and kindness Guy, Brent, Danielle, and yourself have shown me. But anyways thank you for your quick reply, looking forward to doing more business with you.

All the best,
    CashMonkey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    If you put the rifle down on a magazine, the magazine would give before the lower.

Looking forward to the pics.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    CashMonkey, get ahold of me Monday and we'll talk about your M4A1! Thanks for the kind words, everyone at the shop tries very hard to make sure that all our customers have a positive experience.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Very interested in these dents in the mag well you refer too. We see guys that are VERY hard on gear and I've never seen something like this. I'm curious, did the anodizing crack, like a spider web, almost? Or was there any damage to the finish at all? Details and pics would be very much appreciated for something rare like this, If you feel OK about posting them online. I like to think that the finish on DD gear is as good as our country's service rifles (Colt Canada) at the least, for the price they demand. Always interested in learning about odd failures/quirks with rifles that seem otherwise indestructible (except for their own dirt, ironically enough). Weird stuff!

CGN Regular

There's the magazine ELander my friend gave to me from his DDM4V5 package (very jealous of btw)

Theres the dent, I think you can see how deep it is.
    Last edited by CashMonkey; 08-08-2014 at 11:05 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DasJager View Post
    Very interested in these dents in the mag well you refer too. We see guys that are VERY hard on gear and I've never seen something like this. I'm curious, did the anodizing crack, like a spider web, almost? Or was there any damage to the finish at all? Details and pics would be very much appreciated for something rare like this, If you feel OK about posting them online. I like to think that the finish on DD gear is as good as our country's service rifles (Colt Canada) at the least, for the price they demand. Always interested in learning about odd failures/quirks with rifles that seem otherwise indestructible (except for their own dirt, ironically enough). Weird stuff!
    I would describe it like a stone chip? On a black car, finish is gone little dent. Or if someone had opened they're door too hard into your door in the parking lot. Is cosmetic, but it's big enough to notice and deep enough to feel in the dark (that's what she said).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    CashMonkey, get ahold of me Monday and we'll talk about your M4A1! Thanks for the kind words, everyone at the shop tries very hard to make sure that all our customers have a positive experience.
    Yes sir thank you.

I'm curious to know whether the M4A1 can be done in all black as well...will you post the answer here Grumpy or should I talk to Guy about it when I call him next week?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast