Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCR question

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar

XCR question

what is the bore size on the 7.62x39, is it .311 to match surplus ammunition?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    what is the bore size on the 7.62x39, is it .311 to match surplus ammunition?
    HHMMM!! I've been looking at the XCR in 7.62x39 also. I don't think it would be a deal breaker if .308 or .311? If its any help a quote from the Sierra reloading manual. "As a point of interest, we tried using .311" diameter bullets in the Ruger Mini-30 test rifle, as well as .308" diameter bullets in a Russian SKS. Although hardly an ideal situation, both combinations performed surprisingly well" My preferance would be a .311 bore. And I have no problem using surplus ammo in any gun!

CGN frequent flyer
    Plenty of people shoot surplus from their XCR' so it should be .311

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    You know I'll have to dig into that for you. I had thought that they were .311 but I want to check now to find out for sure. They shoot really well with surplus ammo in them.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

99% sure it is .311 but can't remember where I found the info.
    Let us know your reloading results: I haven't been able to find a load that work better than surplus :-(
    non gratum anus rodentum
    Medicina Bona, Locis Malis
    https://www.facebook.com/RhodesSolutions/

I have a keymod in x39 hitting 300 meter gong iron sights with ease using Romanian surplus

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    HHMMM!! I've been looking at the XCR in 7.62x39 also. I don't think it would be a deal breaker if .308 or .311? If its any help a quote from the Sierra reloading manual. "As a point of interest, we tried using .311" diameter bullets in the Ruger Mini-30 test rifle, as well as .308" diameter bullets in a Russian SKS. Although hardly an ideal situation, both combinations performed surprisingly well" My preferance would be a .311 bore. And I have no problem using surplus ammo in any gun!
    Savage uses a 308 bore and from what I can find they are not accurate, couple that with bi metal bullets in a tight bore and barrel life is reduced as well. Hopefully wolverine knows or can find out.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darren saltiel View Post
    I have a keymod in x39 hitting 300 meter gong iron sights with ease using Romanian surplus
    how big is the "gong"?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Savage uses a 308 bore and from what I can find they are not accurate, couple that with bi metal bullets in a tight bore and barrel life is reduced as well. Hopefully wolverine knows or can find out.
    !00% AGREE!! My bolt gun in 7.62x39 is a CZ 527 .311 bore And the CZ 858 has a .311 bore also. Doesn't Wolverine have a AR type rifle in 7.62x39? What is the bore size on it???

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yeah, The Armalite M 15A4 Carbine in 7.62x39. What is the bore size on it???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast