Thread: Att Waiting Period

Question Att Waiting Period

Hey guys, I recently bought a Smith and Wesson M&P 22 and was wondering how long it normally takes to get an ATT!? This is the first Handgun I purchase so I'm not familiar with the waiting period. I bought the handgun on Wednesday and I still can't go get the gun because the ATT hasn't come through yet and I hope it doesn't take much longer, Anybody have any ideas as to how long it usually takes? Thanks in advance!

I bought mine on a Monday and I called on Wednesday. He emailed me everything I needed to pick it up before I was off the line with him. Then the long term ATT was in my mailbox on Friday. Everything that was done locally was fast.

Good luck and congrats

BANNED
    The LTATT comes via your club in Ontario. No club membership means no LTATT. I think the CPFO is refusing to do transfers without it too.
    The STATT may be held up if you're RPAL stuff isn't finished. Operative words being 'may be'. The shop should have called the CFC and gotten the STATT sorted out or at least started the transfer. Check on that.

The longest I have waited for an STATT was 2 weeks. The shortest was 1 day. LTATT I get through my club(s). It seems Ontario has a different experience than the rest of Canada.

I'm in Ontario and I have to admit that sometimes it's slow. Having said that, I've had private transfers (not a dealer sale) get authorized within 4 hours. Some dealer transfer have been faster then that. On the other hand I've had no transaction take longer then 2 or 3 days. I guess it all depends on how busy they get at the CFO.
    Member: S&WCA, S&WHF