Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying firearms as an investment.

Buying firearms as an investment.

I didn't know where to post this question - please forgive if it's in the wrong forum.

I'm interested in collecting firearms and was hoping some people could give me some insight on what rifles / hand-guns they think are likely to increase in value over the years. Preferably with a little blurb as to the logic behind the thought.

Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Still alive's Avatar
    If you haven't been collecting for a while already, you may be too late. Most of the stuff that can appreciate have already done so that they are now expensive to buy and probably won't appreciate much more in the near future. Also, IMO one should not just collect for future appreciation but also for current enjoyment. Buy what you like to shoot, the higher the quality gun the better for future appreciation. Buy a DD, Noveske, VLTOR AR, not a DA, NEA or Norc for example. Buy a Les Bauer 1911, not a Norc etc. you get the idea. All the best collectibles are now prohib, thanks to our inane laws. Who knows what the future will bring?

BANNED
    Milsurp firearms, the accoutrements that go with 'em(bayonets etc) and antiques go up in value. Bought a 1903A4 sans scope, among others, 30 plus years ago. Paid $175Cdn. It's worth around 3 grand now even without the original scope. An M1 rifle(also paid $175 for it) is worth over a grand. A standard M1 Rifle bayonet runs close to or over $100 now. Mine cost me $20. Even the lowly No. 4 Rifle spike has gone from $5 or less to $10 plus.
    Commercial hunting rifles hold value over time, but do not increase in value as fast, if at all.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FreedomIsn'tFree's Avatar
    Buying guns as an investment may be long gone. The government can make any firearm prohibited and make you hand it over or face jail time. The goal is to take all our firearms and leave us with single shot .22's.
    It's better to have questions you can't answer, then answers you can't question.
    When you have no property rights, YOU ARE THE PROPERTY!
    WEXIT, IPSC, CCFR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Antique handguns, there are only so many in decent shape, when their gone, their gone
    I like guns....

There always will be some kind of surplus firearms, accessories, bayonets etc sold. As long as condition is Exc or better,
    there will be some demand in the future. Bayonets, M16 m7 bayonets with sheath sold for about $15.00 in Exc condition
    about 20 years ago. Now they are around $60.00 or more depending on maker. These same bayonets will still increase in
    value because they were replaced by the m9 bayonet. Surplus m9 bayonets with scabbards will be the next US bayonet
    to be collected.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    I can only recommend things that are not in current production, or things that have undergone substantial changes in recent years.

For example, many people prefer Marlin lever action rifles produced before Remington bought the company and starting messing things up.

Lots of people around here seem to have bought stuff like Colt 6920s for upwards of $2000, and now the market is being flooded by ones half that price.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    it's like having a violin and NEVER playing it- not even once- firearms are TOOLS , and MEANT to be used- trust me , somewhere along the line someone will use it- leave your cash as cash or investment certificates or some other such trash and use your guns

BANNED
    Investment wise in these "where the hell is the world going" days, invest (buy) in gold. Always and for ever will be the best investment ever. Everything else will crumble eventually

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ganderite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Investment wise in these "where the hell is the world going" days, invest (buy) in gold. Always and for ever will be the best investment ever. Everything else will crumble eventually
    The difference between gold and guns is that the price of gold sometimes goes down....
    -- Learn by the experience of others.... you won't live long enough to make all the mistakes yourself.
    -- The fool mistakes his world for the world.
    -- Doubt is uncomfortable but certainty is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast