Thread: Shoutout of thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Major Sights's Avatar

Shoutout of thanks!

So several weeks ago I had to start thinking about a gift idea for my wife & our 6th anniversary, then it came to me! She has been nagging me for almost a decade (YES, that long.) about wanting a kayak. I managed to have some extra cash sitting around this year so I decided I would go for it. OST, was my first real place to contact (looked at some other sites), and Darren made it such a pleasure to deal with that it was worth the 1.5 hour drive from home down to Trenton. Darren was able to answer all my questions and had such quick responses I almost forgot I was dealing with a dealer and felt like I was communicating with a friend who just happened to be selling kayaks. I had the kayak hidden away for a couple weeks, as it was going to be a surprise gift, however in that time I would feel jealous of my wife and her fancy new toy... So, I tossed up my T-97 GunNutz, and managed to sell it in just a couple days at a good price. I gave OST another call and with a with a few more short communiques I had myself a kayak ready to be picked up at the store. So again, I made the trip down and back.

This Saturday was the big reveal. After I convinced my wife she needed a new PFD for the family boat, we went out for a quick paddle in the morning under the guise that we were borrowing these kayaks from my Aunt and Uncle (mostly to make sure she still liked kayaking ). Once I knew she was having fun I asked her to see what my "Aunt" may have left in the cargo hatch. What she found was a little wrapped MFS 62gr. FMJ ammo box, with an emergency whistle and custom paracord lanyard wrapped with note that simply said: Think "outside" the box.

It took her a second but she got it, "Kayak?" her face just lit up and she damn near knocked me over running to give me a hug. Thanks Darren and team at OSTS!

"Whats this say?"

"Kayak?!"

CHAAARGE!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Farmboy's Avatar
    Dude, that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
    Please note, my opinion could be biased based on past and present employment

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThorHavenFarm

well done!!
    And great Team Canada hat pic
    Coeur et Courage fontl'ouvrage