Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grumpy, Please put the SAM-Thunderbolt-1911-45-ACP On Sale Soon I Want One!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Dunno about the fit. I was unable to get a generic MSH into my omega. It would very much have needed fitting. The Sam is a nice gun but I'd not trade my Ruger for a T-bolt.

Don't you dare put these on sale, Grumpy. I'm flat broke and some twunk tried to use my credit card to fly Lufthansa last week, so I am far more grumpy than you right now. I could out grump Grumpy Cat...
    Fit... As in every piece is hand fit to the gun so there is no slop. Really, on a 1911 nothing should be assumed to drop in, after market parts are generally made big as well so you can get that tight custom fit. Fitting is almost always required.
    An EGW MSH did drop into my omega with just minor polishing, but they are machined and not cast like a lot of the cheaper ones which can be all over the place dimension wise.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    These pistols have forged frames. Handfitted parts. Very tight tolerances and shoot incredibly well. Once broke in they smooth up very sweet. I'm a long long long time 1911 nut and I can honestly say I would take a SAM over some of the higher end names these days.
    I have used various mags in the thunderbolt and military enhanced and combat commander and found they all work very nicely. I'm a 45 guy so I haven't shot a lot of the 9mm or 40S&W, but I do a lot of the gunshop work and we see very few SAM pistols back with issues.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I bought My Omega from Grumpy and friends a while ago and I was very impressed not only with the quality and fit but it shot very well and I stole it from Grumpy at $395.00 on a weekend sale special. The SAM's are an excellent value all round. I am not sure I can hold out for a sale on the Thunderbolt I want that one for my target pistol.
    Hey Grumpy by the way I was teasing myself on your site today and proceeded to checkout with a Thunderbolt and it was trying to charge $25.00 shipping even though shipping in August is apparently free. What am I doing wrong? Sale prevented by website error! Close call!
    Scott

forged frames on SAM pistols

On the website frames are listed as cast with forged barrels. Can you clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by Fretman View Post
    I bought My Omega from Grumpy and friends a while ago and I was very impressed not only with the quality and fit but it shot very well and I stole it from Grumpy at $395.00 on a weekend sale special. The SAM's are an excellent value all round. I am not sure I can hold out for a sale on the Thunderbolt I want that one for my target pistol.
    Hey Grumpy by the way I was teasing myself on your site today and proceeded to checkout with a Thunderbolt and it was trying to charge $25.00 shipping even though shipping in August is apparently free. What am I doing wrong? Sale prevented by website error! Close call!
    Scott
    Not doing anything wrong, the shipping on firearms will be dropped when the folks go to process the order. Your card doesn't get charged until they finalize the order on those. If you really need one drop me an email at grumpy@wolverinesupplies.com and I'll be happy to personally handle your transaction.

Pls Remove

Pls Remove
    Last edited by Makava; 07-12-2015 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    On the website frames are listed as cast with forged barrels. Can you clarify.
    Looks like the website needs to be updated and the frame are forged.

Thank you for confirming forged frames.

Quote Originally Posted by Makava View Post
    Just a point of interest, all the new STI pistols are made by SAM, they even have made in the Philippines stamped on them, they are imported to the USA in kit form and then assembled using STI adjustable triggers, grips and sights plus a few other STI outsourced components, I have bought 5 SAM's from Wolverine and have a few other high end pistols including a couple of Ruger 1911's and in all honesty they out shoot my Kimber and my Sig, but so then do my Rugers, my primary range firearm is a stainless Thunderbolt, its a flawless piece of machinery and does have some advantages over the Ruger with adjustable sights lending to better accuracy being for one.
    It's Armscor that makes the STI Spartans.....unless something has changed?
    SAM make the Iver Johnson 1911's and are also sold under American Tactical Imports in the US
    Last edited by Hitzy; 08-14-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fretman View Post
    If SAM ever makes one of these in 9mm please let me know!
    x2 for me
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast