Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Coquitlam and District Hunting and Fishing Club

It's gonna be like Westwood race track. It was all good until people started moving onto the mountain side and then complained about noise. I could hear the races at Lougheed and Shaughnessy st. I used to bike up there to watch. And as houses get closer to the rod and gun club they too will complain. There is something in the law that refers to precedence in that both were there first and you should have looked at things when you bought the place. I know in Langley Money's mushrooms did composting and people complained about the smell. They had the legal right to stay and won. Funny though, Moneys mushrooms packed up and moved to Chilliwack.
    I ride a m/c. If you TEXT, drive and injure or kill me. Well my dad says life is not worth living. I don't know if that means him or you.

Quote Originally Posted by armilaria View Post
    I was a member for 5 to 6 years. I gave it up 2 years ago due to how busy it is. It is a decent range just a very frustrating place to shoot. If you do the course to allow access to the lower ranges it is better but I dont think you can shoot hi powered hunting rifles on them (cant remeber for sure).

I also find this range at times IMO attracts some less desirable sport shooters that are a little shaddy. I will leave it at that. The RO's can also be less than polite but also maybe for that reason.

We need more ranges in the Lowermainland! Especially to dial in a hunting rifle and not have to wait an hour in line for it.
    Considering that PCDHFC is the biggest club of its kind and especially in the lower mainland, it can get busy. However, once you get the range user course done, you can use the smaller rangers and can basically shoot whatever you want (biggest caliber I believe is 556/223). To avoid all this, go when it isn't peak times (like the weekends right before lunch). If you go right when it opens, I guarantee you won't have to wait.

As for shady shooters, I find this is absolute not true. Want shady shooters? Go to DVC and report back.

ROs do their jobs. They take stuff seriously and at the same time will make fun of you (in a teasing kind of way) if you screw up. They are the authority and they let you know it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12