Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 71719202122232425262728293031323334353747 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

Shot mine with older yellow box Norinco & S&B yesterday. No stuck cases but several failures to feed and partial chamberings with both types of ammo. Ran ok with some Hungarian surplus borrowed from buddy ( 1 mags worth). Guess I'll be contacting CanAm for warranty.
    "They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
    Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
    They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
    They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them."

-Laurence Binyon "For The Fallen"

update to previous problematic one: i received a new replacement and was impressed by how quickly i received it, i was expecting at least another week. so i went to the range and shot off a box of s&b and the norinco they sell. 1st mag flawless, 2nd mag the last round stayed in the mag unloaded with the slide locked open. the next 8 mags all ran flawless. this new one even has a slightly better finish than the previous one and no problems with the mag bottom retainer pins. overall i'm extremely pleased with it and the great service with canadaammo. trust me, get one:D

CGN Regular
    Extra mags available and I'm in ...

Quote Originally Posted by TT_270wsm View Post
    Don't buy a sig (or sig clone) in .40 for your first pistol. Speaking from experience

I would suggest starting w/ 9mm, in whichever platform fits you best. Many other will say .22, but 9mm worked for me (ended up with a Grand Power in 9mm). .40 didn't, especially with the high bore axis of the P226 frame. I can only imagine the x25 round to be similarly punishing for a new shooter in terms of snappiness. This gun seems like a very cool opportunity though, if was to buy a Sig clone again I would go for the x25 over .40, if nothing but for the unique/cool factor and price of ammo.

Tough to get a nice blue on aluminum. My NP58's frame and slide didn't match up perfectly, though it sounds like they've improved their finishing quality across the board. All in all, well done CanAm.
    Ended up purchasing a Glock 19 Gen 3 used for 500, thing is mint!

Put about 300 rounds through her to date and I MUST SAY! Wow great pistol!
    I do not like the high sites and it doesn't look like I can easily change them out without tooling. However for the price, no complaints. Now I'm thinking about the two-tone .45 Dominion 1911, looks swell. No mean to hijack the thread but anyone have any experience with the dominions?

Thank you for all your responses btw!

CGN Regular
    I have the 2tone .45. Approx 600 rds thru without fail of any kind. Finish is rough where slide meets frame, scratched on 1st rack, but functions flawlessly.
    Also the rear sight is adjusted as far as it can go and still shoots low at 25 yds.
    For $300 its not pretty but functionality is everything.
    Would like to see more positives on the new 762 pistol before committing.

Why are people talking about Glocks and 1911's in this thread?

I have small hands but really want this pistol. Any chance of modifying the rubber grip to get closer to the trigger/mag release? Could standard 2 piece plastic Sig grips fit? Has anyone tried changing the sights?

Thanks
    "Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition, And we'll all stay free!"

Quote Originally Posted by reddog333 View Post
    I have small hands but really want this pistol. Any chance of modifying the rubber grip to get closer to the trigger/mag release? Could standard 2 piece plastic Sig grips fit? Has anyone tried changing the sights?

Thanks
    Anyone?

Someone has to do a video review too

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    How about more mags?
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.