Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1929313233343536373839404142434445464749 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

Chalk I was just checking brownells and they sell a spring pack that has the 15# recoil spring and a 20 and 18# hammer spring kit. If they haven't shipped your package out yet maybe see if that might work? In the Q&A section a tech says that the kit isn't compatible with some new p226 models so I'm not sure what to think. It may be worth a shot though. The regular price for the kit is like 17 bucks.

BANNED
    That sounds like the spring kit I purchased . Wolff SIG SAUER RECOIL CALIBRATION PAK
    969-000-205WB .With my discount $16.66
    And thanks for the advice on taking the slide apart , this type of pistol is all new to me .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Are mags coming? If I were to get one I'd want 5+ mags.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    very cool pistol Canam! Been eyeballing one of those since I heard you were bringing them in.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Are mags coming? If I were to get one I'd want 5+ mags.
    The factory is booked solid for a military order until next year.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    The factory is booked solid for a military order until next year.
    Sorry if this is a dumb but wouldn't it make sense to order spare mags for stock at the same time as the original gun order?
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb but wouldn't it make sense to order spare mags for stock at the same time as the original gun order?
    They were not able to provide them. Ours was the first batch off the line.

There are three countries in the world have this unique pistol.

One is peaceful Canada, another is not-so-peaceful Pakistan. The third one is infamous Afghanistan (through Paki, illegally, of course).

The design of pistol is requested by Pakistan businessmen who supplies small arms to the users in “hot area”. TT-33 is still popular in the mountain. 7.62x25 can penetrate most soft body armour worn by security personal.

The penetration comes with a price tag – the grip is bigger than other pistols to make room for longer ammo. FN57 has the same size grip. Both pistols use sub-machine gun grade ammo.

Very interesting pistol.
    Cheers,

Mr. Q
    Designer at CanadaAmmo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver View Post
    Well I tried mine and found out it doesn't like the Czech surplus ammo I bought for it I fired 50 rounds out of it with 12 or so FTF .I recocked the hammer and the round would fire after another strike or two ...... and I had 5 - 6 hang fires as well where it would go off a split sec after the hammer went forward. When it did go bang it was shooting quite a bit left . Has anyone figured out a good way to move the rear sight ? The last round in the mag failed to chamber a few times as well.

pic of the surplus ammo that I bought 1400 rounds of and it doesn't like .
    So much for "hot sub-machine ammo"... It cannot even cycle a current gun!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    ^ I don't think it is a question of cycling but rather it sounds like the surplus ammo has hard primers and this pistol is not striking them hard enough to ignite

Took mine out for the first time in a few months the other night. Not an awful gun for the money. The DA trigger is hopeless but the SA isn't too, too bad. Works fine with the Norinco commercial ammo I got in the deal and seems reasonably accurate at 20 yards. I've put about 150-200 rounds through mine and have never had a FTF or FTE.

Having said that, I view it as more of a curiosity than anything else. With the commercial ammo running 15.95/50 and up there is no saving over shooting 9mm.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers