Page 23 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

Quote Originally Posted by hms11 View Post
    I'm picturing a 1911 in 7.62x25
    More like a Sig Sauer P 226 in 7.61 x 25mm!

Quote Originally Posted by cocksure View Post
    I'm pretty impressed with the quality overall.
    Ditto. Got mine on Thursday and the finish is much nicer than my Norinco 1911 Commander.

Now, I have a question for Canada Ammo. Is the dovetail that's cut for the rear sight on the Dominion Arms 762 the same specs as the Sig P226? The reason I ask is if I decide I want to put a Shield Mini Sight on the DA 762, the base for the SMS replaces the rear sight.
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

Comparing mine to an NP22:

Grip is fatter and longer, as mentioned previously.
    Mag is longer and wider but not taller.
    Slide is slightly longer, but interchangeable. NP22 slide feeds 9mm snap caps from the P762 mag (I didn't try live rounds so no fire testing).
    Holster for NP22 fits P762.
    Grip holes are in the same place, but the frame is thicker so no interchangeable grips.

Have not fired it, but quite pleased with the quality. Get the ammo combo deal. Two free ammo cans!

Last edited by Apoc69; 09-07-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added grip comparison pic
    Offence cannot be given, only taken.

anyone compare it to a P220 grip? Never mind it's double stacked so it may be closer to the P227
    People should not have to fear both the government and the criminal. It should be that the criminal fears both the people and the government.

"It's only a rabbit" were his last words....

any range reports yet?

I have gotten some light primer strikes with surplus ammo; I think the main spring is a bit light for those hard primers? It groups well, but you want it bone dry inside with this ammo I have, or else you will get unburned powder sticking to it and jamming it. I'm pretty sure the problems I am having are ammo related, and not a failure on the gun's part. When I can source some new production stuff locally, I'll see how well it runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    Meh. We need PPSh-41s.
    Agreed. (sorry for continuiing this slight de-rail of the thread) That's what I'd really like too. A civvie version of the PPSh-41, like the way they did the M31 Suomi's, except that (PPSh-41) wouldn't weigh 12 freakin' pounds. Or a civvie Yugo version, the M-49. I'd be good with that too. ;-D

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyJohan View Post
    I have gotten some light primer strikes with surplus ammo; I think the main spring is a bit light for those hard primers? It groups well, but you want it bone dry inside with this ammo I have, or else you will get unburned powder sticking to it and jamming it. I'm pretty sure the problems I am having are ammo related, and not a failure on the gun's part. When I can source some new production stuff locally, I'll see how well it runs.
    This was my worry .. My TT33 will eat up dirty czech SMG ammo from the 40s all day if this pistol cant im going to hold off , wonder if we can get heavier hammer springs?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Is the primer just not igniting ?? With my Mosin yesterday I had 2 where the firing pin drove into the primer but no ignition. One fired with 2 nd strike and one would not ignite. I have the same with my CZ 858! Firing pin strikes into the primer but occasional no ignition even on the second strike!!! I haven't bought Da 762 yet other priority's!!!

Some of them fire after 2-5 tries, some I just give up on,inspecting them shows only a slight mark from the pin, as opposed to a good solid strike. I would like to pull the firing pin out of the slide and check it out, but the pin that you have to hammer out to do so is in there so tight that I give up before I start mushrooming it out.

[edit] The duds sure are great to showcase whatever flinch you may have when you fire though.