Page 20 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: New Product: Dominion Arms P762 in 7.62x25

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyJohan View Post
    Mine has arrived, however, I have found that the hammer can still contact and engage the firing pin without the trigger being depressed. Is this a problem with just my pistol, or is it a design oversight?
    [edit] I examined it more, and the firing pin block does engage before the pin actually gets to the chamber, sorry about that!
    how's the trigger feel?
    ps. i agree. this would be a great round for a nr semi rifle.

The trigger is about the same as the np-34, a bit lighter in double action, but farther travel.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyJohan View Post
    The trigger is about the same as the np-34, a bit lighter in double action, but farther travel.
    sorry, if this has been answered ,but is this all an all metal pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by rick43pen View Post
    sorry, if this has been answered ,but is this all an all metal pistol?
    The frame is alloy, I'm not sure what metals are used.

According to CanAm post #144 it's an aluminum frame.
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

Tagged

Quote Originally Posted by Ko1 View Post
    It's probably easier to copy a Winchester 94 or a Marlin 1894. That said though, a 7.62x25 lever action carbine would be a blast to shoot.

Would you not have to worry about primer being struck from the round behind? or is the bullet nose round enough to not set it off in the tube mag?
    I was born ready sir!!.......No wait, I was born horny, in my early teens i became ready.

Just got mine, although I haven't had an opportunity to take it to the range yet.
    It's a good lookin' chunk o' firepower.

Really solid feeling pistol. The grips are huge (not for small hands, by any means). Slide, mag release, takedown lever and slide lock all feel very snug, smooth and solid for a Norinco/Dominion Arms.
    As for the trigger, in DA, it's gotta be over 10 lbs. Much lighter in SA, but still 'feels' about 4 1/2-5 lbs. There's a lot of 'takeup' as well, with a pronounced gritty feel.
    But, it was 400 bucks, fires a Rocket-Fast round and I've got emery cloth and buffers, so I'm excited!

And since you've got my bank account in a choke-hold, get me an NR rifle in the same caliber, CanAm!
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.-The Pigs

Sounds great Hoakster. Transfer for mine was initiated today. Yee haw. :D
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

@CanAM.

Just wondering. You sent me a reference # to check on the status of the transfer and for that I thank you. Question though, out of the dozen or so restricted I've bought from CGN sponsors none of them has ever sent me a reference number. The deal was made and the transfer was completed at their end with the product shipped shortly thereafter.

With the reference number you have just sent to me am I to call in to complete the transfer as I would do in a private deal or, is this just for me to check on the status?
    TY

Al