Thread: 1st Psitol registration & att questions

Question 1st Psitol registration & att questions

Hi
    So I bought a Norinco NP 22 from Frontier Firearms last week. I got a membership at the shooting edge in Calgary the same day I bought the NP 22 from Frontier online.

Now I didn't get anything with the NP 22, aside from the invoice. Also the guy at the range said he would fax off my membership to the CFO and that would essentially be my LTATT application, and that I don't have to apply or do anything, just wait for it.

So I've been reading that if I buy a Restricted gun from a store, the registration is already done for me. Is that correct? I got my membership without owning a registered restricted gun, so I was skeptical that I would receive a LTATT, but trusted the staff member.

I checked "My orders" at Frontier and it shows my order as "Processing", rather then complete, so I'm not sure if I need to contact them regarding the registration. Where to I get the registration paper work from? The place I bought the restricted gun from, or the RCMP?

I have seen some long wait times reported by people for ATT's, yet the staff at the range said it only takes a day or 2. I'm in Alberta, so does my LTATT come to me or my range/club, like Ontario.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I couldn't find the answers somewhere. I did look.

Normally the retailer takes care of the registration/transfer paperwork, especially when it comes to online purchases which are being delivered.

It sounds like the range has applied for your ATT, so it's pretty much sit back and relax for you.

P.S. A copy of all your paperwork (registration and ATT) will be mailed/emailed to you.
    Last edited by 4n2t0; 08-13-2014 at 07:19 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    The registration comes from the CFC, or the canadian firearms center. It will arrive in maybe 1-2 weeks.

The LTATT in Ontario comes from your gun club, but I don't think this applies in Alberta. In either case, the LTATT is issued by the Chief Firearms Officer in your province. You can contact them for information but I am sure someone will mention what the process is for alberta any minute now.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    The registration comes from the CFC, or the canadian firearms center. It will arrive in maybe 1-2 weeks.

The LTATT in Ontario comes from your gun club, but I don't think this applies in Alberta. In either case, the LTATT is issued by the Chief Firearms Officer in your province. You can contact them for information but I am sure someone will mention what the process is for alberta any minute now.
    Your LTATT will come in the mail from the CFO's office...If you need it in a hurry...call the CFO's office up and ask to send it to your email..they are very nice and friendly

Thanks guys, I actually just got the ATT and a letter stating the registration paper work will come later, and is in progress.

Should have waited a day, lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
    Hi
    So I bought a Norinco NP 22 from Frontier Firearms last week. I got a membership at the shooting edge in Calgary the same day I bought the NP 22 from Frontier online.

Now I didn't get anything with the NP 22, aside from the invoice. Also the guy at the range said he would fax off my membership to the CFO and that would essentially be my LTATT application, and that I don't have to apply or do anything, just wait for it.

So I've been reading that if I buy a Restricted gun from a store, the registration is already done for me. Is that correct? I got my membership without owning a registered restricted gun, so I was skeptical that I would receive a LTATT, but trusted the staff member.

I checked "My orders" at Frontier and it shows my order as "Processing", rather then complete, so I'm not sure if I need to contact them regarding the registration. Where to I get the registration paper work from? The place I bought the restricted gun from, or the RCMP?

I have seen some long wait times reported by people for ATT's, yet the staff at the range said it only takes a day or 2. I'm in Alberta, so does my LTATT come to me or my range/club, like Ontario.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I couldn't find the answers somewhere. I did look.
    Ah you took the last Norinco NP22 should not had waited so long So far I know just kick back and relaxed. Enjoy your first Handgun.
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

opps, sorry Sturmsoldat. I've only put 20 rounds through it, but I'm not that impressed with the accuracy so far. at about 40-50 feet I was within 10"-12" groups mainly, with a couple strays. I'm not a competitive shooter, but I'm a fairly good shot. All my hits were fairly higher then the sights. This was with Blazer ammo, which I know isn't the best, but far from junk. I'm gonna take it to the range soon and see how accurate it truly is.

I'm not sad I got it, for $370 its worth it. Especially my first Handgun, as I'm not sure how often I'll really want to go to the range in the long run. It certainly doesn't shine or have a polished look, and I read all about the rough edges and such from reviews, but I think it looks really good, for a cheap gun. Feels very solid and I didn't see any machining marks, ect.

Not sure you want my opinion, but just my "newbie" opinion.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sturmsoldat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayDoh View Post
    opps, sorry Sturmsoldat. I've only put 20 rounds through it, but I'm not that impressed with the accuracy so far. at about 40-50 feet I was within 10"-12" groups mainly, with a couple strays. I'm not a competitive shooter, but I'm a fairly good shot. All my hits were fairly higher then the sights. This was with Blazer ammo, which I know isn't the best, but far from junk. I'm gonna take it to the range soon and see how accurate it truly is.

I'm not sad I got it, for $370 its worth it. Especially my first Handgun, as I'm not sure how often I'll really want to go to the range in the long run. It certainly doesn't shine or have a polished look, and I read all about the rough edges and such from reviews, but I think it looks really good, for a cheap gun. Feels very solid and I didn't see any machining marks, ect.

Not sure you want my opinion, but just my "newbie" opinion.
    Thanks PlayDoh for your inside. Much appreciated. I am a "newbie" myself and the NP22 was my first choice for my first handgun here in Canada. Thanks again for sharing your opinion in regards of the NP22. If you don't mind keep me updated how the NP22 works for you. Thanks, take care and have a good one.
    "If you survive that sh*t and make it Home, You are a Hero"

Where do you live that you are shooting but not at a range??