Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Product! Barnaul 62gr 223 Rem

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by yohann160 View Post
    My KAC doesn't like the UMC stuff, too weak. Is this stuff even weaker?
    I would expect it to be on the hotter side of loads.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yohann160 View Post
    My KAC doesn't like the UMC stuff, too weak. Is this stuff even weaker?
    Mine likes it

Got my order yesterday! great service!

My only complainant lays with UPS. They said they came to try and deliver on August 20th at 1:02pm. Which is funny because I was sitting on my couch looking out the window, when I receive an email saying First attempt made, no answer. I was like wtf?! so I called UPS and told them, "hey i've been sitting here all day waiting for this package and no one knocked on my door or even came near my house. I spoke to customer service, which was then followed up by a phone call from the warehouse. They advised the driver tried and might try and come back later in the day (never showed). So August 21st I am ready for 2nd attempt knowing full well they are full of it. I had to leave for work so I asked my g/f to wait around 1pm and see if she can get the package. She was sitting on the stairs looking at the front door for about an hour until my neighbor knocked on the door. She was with the UPS guy and she said "Hey I just saw this guy pulling through the townhouse complex and was about to leave, I asked where he was going and he said that he tried to knock on your door. I told him that I know for a fact that your home so I brought him back over here". Needless to say these guys just do a drive by in the area without making any attempt. Sad excuse for a delivery company that should be embarrassed with their practices.

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimhighshoothigh View Post

My only complainant lays with UPS. They said they came to try and deliver on August 20th at 1:02pm. Which is funny because I was sitting on my couch looking out the window, when I receive an email saying First attempt made, no answer. I was like wtf?! so I called UPS and told them, "hey i've been sitting here all day waiting for this package and no one knocked on my door or even came near my house. I spoke to customer service, which was then followed up by a phone call from the warehouse. They advised the driver tried and might try and come back later in the day (never showed). So August 21st I am ready for 2nd attempt knowing full well they are full of it. I had to leave for work so I asked my g/f to wait around 1pm and see if she can get the package. She was sitting on the stairs looking at the front door for about an hour until my neighbor knocked on the door. She was with the UPS guy and she said "Hey I just saw this guy pulling through the townhouse complex and was about to leave, I asked where he was going and he said that he tried to knock on your door. I told him that I know for a fact that your home so I brought him back over here". Needless to say these guys just do a drive by in the area without making any attempt. Sad excuse for a delivery company that should be embarrassed with their practices.
    UPS will make 3 attempts at delivery .. then return item to sender.. I have had to call them ahead of time and make arrangements so that I can pick it up in person. good neighbour you have.
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Regular
    Any reports of how this stuff shoots? I am interested to see how it compares to cheap brass (Remington UMC, Winchester White Box, PMC, etc).

Shipping kinda kills it for me, but for my next SFRC buy I'll be adding some of this in.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Decivox View Post
    Any reports of how this stuff shoots? I am interested to see how it compares to cheap brass (Remington UMC, Winchester White Box, PMC, etc).
    Ok, I tried this stuff out yesterday and here's my experience: it's far better than Rem UMC, a bit better than Win White box, but isn't as good as 62gr PMC X-Tac green tip. I tried a bunch of this ammo from my SU-16 and saw group sizes ranging from 2.3" up to 3.5" with an average of 2.5" which is quite good for cheap ammo from that rifle (usually if I want stable 2" groups out of that rifle I need to shoot 69gr SMK handloads, Hornady match 75gr, or Nosler Custom Comp. 77gr). I next tried it in my Savage 12 VLP 1-7" to see what would happen and saw group sizes from .9" up to 2.1" but an average of 1.3". I hope the availability of the Barnaul 62gr. ammo holds as I think it's good value and will definately buy more from SFRC.

*Right at the end of my session with this ammo I noticed that one of the bullet tips was mashed when I took it from the paper wrapper over so I checked another 100 rnds. or so to see if I saw it again but I did not; but it's definitely worth your while to watch for it.

I don't have much experience with PMC ammo so I ordered a some of the PMC X-Tac 62gr. green tip at the same time I ordered the Barnaul 62gr. and boy was I impressed. Does anyone else find this ammo exceptional? I tried it in the SU-16 first as the PMC ammo is true 5.56 and the SU-16 is actually chambered in 5.56: I shot one group of 1.6" and another of 2.1" which is exceptional for the SU-16. Did I try the 5.56 in My Savage 12 .223 despite the warnings on the box not to? Of course I did and was rewarded with two sub MoA groups: one was .85" and the other .9" which left me wishing I had bought considerably more of this stuff.

All the groups I shot yesterday were 5 rnd. groups at 100m.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Barnaul 62 gr is so far the most accurate ammo in my KAC SR-15 Mod 2... JP.

[IMG][/IMG]

CGN Regular
    I just shot some 55 grain Barnaul 223 and found it was comparable to Remington UMC. Maybe ill get some of this to try later.

seems to be common practice with UPS. I waited for a replacement work phone, received a delivery "attempt" email but no one showed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimhighshoothigh View Post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast