Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got through to client representative at RCMP 1800 number

Finally got through to client representative at RCMP 1800 number

Hi everyone, first post for me.

May 20, 2014 I mailed my PAL/RPAL application

May 26, 2014 RCMP website indicated it had been received

June 16, 2104 Website showed application had completed initial processing

July 8, 2014 One of my references indicated that he had been called and interviewed...other reference had not and to my knowledge did not get a call to this day.

I've tried a few times on the website to check status last few weeks but it would indicate to call technical support despite using different computers, clearing cache etc advice from forum members.

Finally had enough time today to wait and call person and after verifying my identity with a bunch of questions, Debbie who was very nice and polite told me my application "had references checked and was at the provincial CFO for final review" When I asked her if it was only that I had to wait now for the licence she said yes.... I then thanked her and hung up.

Does this mean they are not needing to interview me or my spouse? Or should I have asked if I could call the CFO?

Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance veteran CGN members

Doug

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Well, according to the system they will need to interview you and your spouse. Easiest will be to call in and see if the CFO is ready to do your interview now. If you wait for them to call you, it could take quite a while.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    Well, according to the system they will need to interview you and your spouse. Easiest will be to call in and see if the CFO is ready to do your interview now. If you wait for them to call you, it could take quite a while.
    Thanks.

Is there a more direct number to call the provincial office or does it all have to routed through the same number?

Just tried google, got it, thanks again for the input Stevebot

Doug

Well, according to the system they will need to interview you and your spouse...
    Not necessarily true. I never received an interview for my RPAL/PAL. Also, as long as your spouse signs the application form, they will not need to interview them. It's worth a call to ask them if you can do anything to help them out and to make sure they are not missing anything (as an excuse to talk to someone).

I only had one of my references and myself called. My wife was never called at all.

+1 ^^^ That's what I meant to say.

Also, just watch the website. It will let you know when it is in the mail.

CGN frequent flyer
    They've changed it for some reason. Even for an RPAL they are only calling one reference, not even the applicant will be contacted. This was for an Alberta application back in June.

My understanding is the backlog is sooooo bad that the push is on. They allow the CFC to do the background and interview and if no red flags show at the CFO, onward! It's those unfortunate souls who applied before mid June that made it to the CFO before the pattern change and are stuck in the old system.

I think it's catch-up.

Mine took exactly 28 days from "received" to "approved/issued"

This is PAL to RPAL.
    Last edited by statixstorm; 08-19-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: clarification

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast