Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: *UPDATE* The Ordnance Group 37mm Launchers at Dlask Arms Corp.

Are these prohib now?
    CPC, CSSA

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. — John Stuart Mill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildbore View Post
    Are these prohib now?
    Depends.... does the bore measure larger than 20mm diameter?

Hint: the answer is in the name.

~non snarky answer: yes, as the bore is larger than 20mm. That stipulation of the OIC was meant exactly for this type of thing unfortunately. So many travesties having been committed with grenade launchers in the wester countries.... lol. I just about fell off my chair when blair "clarified" the BC park's cannon as not effected and that this law was to keep criminals from using grenade launchers to commit terrible acts of violence.... as if its a mainstay in gangster arsenals. Makes me think billy boy was watching some CBC voiced over MW2 noob tube game play....
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I just about fell off my chair when blair "clarified" the BC park's cannon as not effected
    Unless the park's cannon is:

1. exempt from the the firearm laws and O.I.C. for being controlled by some other law (such as it being a fuse fired antique muzzle loading cannon)
    OR
    2. owned and/or controlled by an organization that us exempt from the firearm laws and O.I.C. like the Canadian Military and/or RCMP

the cannon is absolutely and most certainly prohibited because what Bill Blair says is not law... yet. Bill Blair does not get to make exemptions to the laws and O.I.C. at a whim: right now only the courts can do that (and the RCMP, it seems).
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567