Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive: 12" Tombstone SxS Shotgun

Uber Super GunNutz
    Choke?

CGN Regular
    There is a measuring convention called " significant digits ". I used to think it meant how many digits you could stick in your nose at once, but then I saw it in a book somewhere. The convention would be that by providing a minimum length number down to a millimetre would mean you round any fraction to the nearest millimetre when measuring. For example, If the law had intended to be measured to a tenth of a millimetre the minimum would be stated as 305.0 millimetres. Of course, the judge may not have read that book...

Darkw

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I didn't know they rounded up.... Is this an assumption or based on experience?

I believe it reads something like min length is 305mm. It would be better if it was a hair longer...

Just looking at that gun a little more barrel wouldn't hurt the look or the handling.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    I'd agree. 14" would be nice.
    I'm also not a fan of the ducks but those I could live with...
    I was thinking around 14" as well.
    There's a bit of a trend towards as short as possible these days and with a break action having a fairly short action length 12" barrels look unbalanced.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    There is a measuring convention called " significant digits ". I used to think it meant how many digits you could stick in your nose at once, but then I saw it in a book somewhere. The convention would be that by providing a minimum length number down to a millimetre would mean you round any fraction to the nearest millimetre when measuring. For example, If the law had intended to be measured to a tenth of a millimetre the minimum would be stated as 305.0 millimetres. Of course, the judge may not have read that book...

Darkw
    That makes sense but it also makes sense to just spec the barrel at greater then 305mm to avoid having to duke it out in court.
    17 (1) A person commits an offence where he hunts,
    (s) with a firearm that is designed, altered or intended to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand or that has a barrel less than 305 mm in length.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer starpuss's Avatar
    Too bad it's a little too nice for A Camp gun.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by starpuss View Post
    Too bad it's a little too nice for A Camp gun.
    This has come up a couple times now ^

I disagree... I’d be using my Benelli M4 for a "camp gun" if it weren’t so long

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    I was thinking around 14" as well.
    There's a bit of a trend towards as short as possible these days and with a break action having a fairly short action length 12" barrels look unbalanced.
    Totally agree, looks stubby at 12". As others have said plain jane at $500, 14" & chokes & I'm in. That said I'm sure these will sell fast. Smart looking gun.

Oh & dual triggers.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    This is perfect for a solid quality 12 gauge ( fire power of a 12 is unmatched at close range) for place that need limited weight and space restrictions, the ejectors, are a must if you want it to be fast effective in case the SHTF... A quality tool is always safer on the long run... JP
    Last edited by caramel; 08-16-2014 at 07:14 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    It would be great if we could have buyers test where the two barrels print during their range reports.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

BANNED
    might have been a good idea to get EVERYONE one here's opinion instead of just BC area shooters opinion,,,,i agree it would have been much nicer with 14" barrels and dual triggers..maybe loose the duck scene,,LOL...the other may be a POS like some say,,but it's a third the price,,,and i see many guys with them,,and all have had no problems,,,but i agree this one looks like better quality and finish...but for what these are used for usually,,,a tad expensive...