Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive: 12" Tombstone SxS Shotgun

BANNED
    Pretty slick

Is the barrel choked or just cylinder?

If it was a tad longer to enable a body to turn her into a birdshead grip and be NR still, I'd buy one in the time it takes me type this. Nice looking though.
    Haters gonna hate

CGN Regular
    Perhaps the engraving is intended to be some sort of safety instruction. As in " DUCK! "

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Yildiz do make a side by side with double triggers, but that model (Elegant A3) comes with extractors. All of their other side by sides are select fire single triggers, and at least one of those models comes with ejectors. Somebody ought to tell the Turks that if they were to produce a simple clean model (A3) with ejectors, 12" (13 for BC boys) @ the $500 range, they would sell like hot cakes. Choke options would be a plus. It's uncertain from their web site (what is certain is that whomsoever wrote it, English is their second language) if these shortie's are cut offs (which would leave them at cylinder bore?) or if they are purpose built barrels. They advertise the barrels to be chromed inside and out!! +++! All welding is silver soldered! +++! Barrels are "proofed"+++! Craftsmanship appears to be better than acceptable. ++. Turkish Walnut is suspect in my mind. Advertised as kiln dried, but they have 5 grading categories!? How do you know what you're getting? (I mean know for sure.) And what's the arbitrary distinction between a #4 and a #2!?

Purpose built barrels with the 1st trigger @ modified and 2nd trigger firing a full choke would be ideal. (read, actually useful.)
    Last edited by plinker 777; 08-16-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    Yildiz do make a side by side with double triggers, but that model (Elegant A3) comes with extractors. All of their other side by sides are select fire single triggers, and at least one of those models comes with ejectors. Somebody ought to tell the Turks that if they were to produce a simple clean model (A3) with ejectors, 12" (13 for BC boys) @ the $500 range, they would sell like hot cakes. Choke options would be a plus. It's uncertain from their web site (what is certain is that whomsoever wrote it, English is their second language) if these shortie's are cut offs (which would leave them at cylinder bore?) or if they are purpose built barrels. They advertise the barrels to be chromed inside and out!! +++! All welding is silver soldered! +++! Barrels are "proofed"+++! Craftsmanship appears to be better than acceptable. ++. Turkish Walnut is suspect in my mind. Advertised as kiln dried, but they have 5 grading categories!? How do you know what you're getting? (I mean know for sure.) And what's the arbitrary distinction between a #4 and a #2!?

Purpose built barrels with the 1st trigger @ modified and 2nd trigger firing a full choke would be ideal. (read, actually useful.)

And the barrel length stamped on it, perhaps shipped with a copy of the FRN for it wouldn't hurt either.
    Indeed,
    it ain't over until the nourishment enhanced non male peoplekind sings.
    straightandnarrow

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    As others have stated I would be interested in a stripped down version, ejectors, removable chokes with good selection available including the extension type, dual triggers, I prefer synthetic as it is more durable but plain wood is fine, optional pistol grip included, no engravings, and 12" barrels for legal hunting in BC.

I would even pay more than the retail on this one if you make it happen.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    It would be great if we could have buyers test where the two barrels print during their range reports.
    That is what will determine the true value of this gun.

CGN Regular
    That is a thing of beauty.

CGN Regular
    same here, plain model, ejectors, double trigger, hell yes!

external hammers is always a nice touch but not a requirement
    NFA & CSSA member - remember the T97, SigArms, cz858, AP80, etc.