Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanstalls Exclusive: 12" Tombstone SxS Shotgun

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Could not resist... Order in... JP.
    I cant wait to see the range report and groups.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    I cant wait to see the range report and groups.
    This one is going to be very special for a special purpose, i will surely blast a couple of hundred shells of buckshots and slugs to get the feel ( and fun) of it... JP.

I like it but kill the ducks

I'm with the CGNer that said they wanted one in an over and under!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    The configuration is not that important, on the other hand, top shelve quality is mandatory in those firearms for them to be performer if you need them in a critical situation.... JP.

Of course you're right JP, but as been said here a few times most buyers will not be buying them for life or death situations. Most just think they're cool but that doesn't always mean they don't want quality and reliability. It also doesn't preclude them, like me wanting/wishing for something a little more different, an O/U for example. I've bought another high(er?) grade short double from Wanstalls and I enjoy it every time I go to the range. No bear defence needed. YMMV

I don't think single trigger is a deal breaker. I have lots of doubles & sxs and all have single trigger. All sporting clays / skeet / trap guns have single triggers and they will fire many more rounds than a fun carry gun without issue. If the trigger design is solid then rest assured.... It will go bang.
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGuy34 View Post
    So how does the trigger work, two pulls of the trigger, one for each bbl? I like the coach guns that have two triggers as it gives you the option to empty two bbls at once. Thats a nice little gun.
    Select fire switch @ the trigger hands thumb. Forward on the switch, pull the trigger, 1 barrel fires. Reverse the switch, trigger resets, pull, fires the second barrel. Kind of like tapping your head while rotationally rubbing your belly and firing a 12 ga all at the same time. (bad design IMO) Double triggers are sooooo much better. If the first trigger pull fails to do the job...pull through to the second trigger. One fluid motion while barrels are on target, easy peasy. Why change what works?

It would be tricky to fire both barrels at the same time with double triggers, and may not even be possible. One first, then the other. The term "give 'em both barrels" never implied both at once.

Btw that's a sweet little rig!
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    Select fire switch @ the trigger hands thumb. Forward on the switch, pull the trigger, 1 barrel fires. Reverse the switch, trigger resets, pull, fires the second barrel. Kind of like tapping your head while rotationally rubbing your belly and firing a 12 ga all at the same time. (bad design IMO) Double triggers are sooooo much better. If the first trigger pull fails to do the job...pull through to the second trigger. One fluid motion while barrels are on target, easy peasy. Why change what works?

It would be tricky to fire both barrels at the same time with double triggers, and may not even be possible. One first, then the other. The term "give 'em both barrels" never implied both at once.
    Nah, it's easy ... something outlaws used to do. Wire the triggers together.

Dumb idea, though.
    Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
    - Seneca the Younger