Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Order Status updates?

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I just don't understand that laissez faire kind of attitude. To me, good customer service dictates prompt and effcient attention to orders. In stock items should ship within 24 hours (48 at the most and even then only during peak periods). Anything longer strikes me as being disrespectful to your customer.
    Patience is a virtue.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I really don't see it as having anything to do with patience. It's more about expecting a certain standard of attention and service in return for my business. I'd feel the same regardless of what I was ordering online.

I think very few in the firearms community expect overnight shipment of ordered product. Most are just happy to be able get the product at all. Not fair to compare it to the competitive and time sensitive (for repair shops) automotive parts business. When several other gun stores open up that offer the same range of products at similar prices to Marstar, and they start same-day shipping of product, maybe then there will be a perceived need to ship out items as quickly as possible. Don't hold your breath though. However if you are in a rush to get the stuff you ordered, then as someone mentioned earlier call Marstar and explain your situation. I suspect that so long as you were courteous and genuine with them on the phone that they would make every effort to get your stuff out the door ASAP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Seems like the firearms community is a different world in this sense. They are the paying customer in a retail business relationship. Why wouldn't they expect prompt service? I still don't understand (or agree with) not holding a firearms company to the same standards of customer service as other any other business but hey, it is what it is I guess.

In this instance it's a moot point as I found the items in stock elsewhere at a slightly better price so I cancelled this order. Not a big deal. If I see something at marstar that I need in the future I'll still order but at least I'll go in with my eyes open knowing it won't be fast service.

Closing for lunch, that's a little strange too. Are they all Italian?
    Not Italian, but they behave like the worst unionized workforce.

Called them last week at 3.55pm (I was not aware of the time), I was told the system is already shut down, therefore they took my number and promised to call me the next day.
    You guess, I never got a call.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    Not Italian, but they behave like the worst unionized workforce.

Called them last week at 3.55pm (I was not aware of the time), I was told the system is already shut down, therefore they took my number and promised to call me the next day.
    You guess, I never got a call.
    I checked th call logs, no call from Polaris, perhaps you used another name ??
    John

Expired Business
    I'm relatively new to firearms but it how hard is it to print off an order, pick four small items (pistol mags),print a label and throw a padded shipping envelope into the box for the UPS/Fedex/whoever late PM pickup? There is really no reason for any well run business not to be able to ship same day for early am orders and next day for all others. Why does the Canadian firearms industry seem to struggle so much with what is for anyone else, a normal level of customer service? (I'm not beating up on Marstar in particular here. From what I've read over the last few months this is pretty normal for many in the Canadian firearms industry.)

OTOH I ordered 20 boxes of ammo from another Forum sponsor around 4:00PM Wednesday. It shipped on Thursday and according to UPS will arrive Monday. So not all companies here are the same when it comes to service in this respect.

I used to be involved in a retail/wholesale auto parts business. We had two pickups a day by the couriers and anything ordered before 2:00PM went out that night. It's not rocket science!
    Here we go again, every time we run specials we get behind, but I will repeat it again, the size of the order has nothing to do with processing, each order is completed in the same sequence as received....
    I agree it is NOT rocket science, but I would be curious to know how many orders your other shop had ahead ?? Mrastar has an average of several hundred....
    If you do have some suggestions we woud be pleased to hear them....
    John

Expired Business
    You mean to say a WEEK had passed after you had ordered in stock stuff and they still hadn't shipped it? That's crazy!
    Please let me hear more so I c an look up the file, for instance if an order is placed late Frida we already have a three day delay when Monday rolls around..... you may e mail me john@marstar.ca
    John

Expired Business
    Closing for lunch, that's a little strange too. Are they all Italian?
    I must apologize for allowing our employees one hour (paid) so they can have a quiet lunch and relax....
    John

Expired Business
    I just don't understand that laissez faire kind of attitude. To me, good customer service dictates prompt and effcient attention to orders. In stock items should ship within 24 hours (48 at the most and even then only during peak periods). Anything longer strikes me as being disrespectful to your customer.
    May I PLEASE hear from you with your suggestions and solutions.... I assume you are a long experienced and well versed individual in the firearms business and as such would welcome your input.
    John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast