Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Order Status updates?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar

Order Status updates?

This is my first time ordering from Marstar. Does the order status change in realtime? Is it usual for an order status to remain as "processing" for several days? I ordering a few small, in stock items late on Wednesday and the order status hasn't changed since approx 0800 Thursday morning.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Not unusual.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Marstar has great products, excellent prices and courteous, friendly, and helpful staff, but(in my experience) orders move with all the speed of an asthmatic ant carrying a particularly large pebble. I have ordered from a few other vendors this summer and they were far faster. It is what it is.
    Last edited by rick43pen; 08-16-2014 at 08:24 AM.

The easiest and best way to communicate
    with them is by phone.
    Just call them on their toll free number.
    They always answer their phone, but
    remember business hours are 8.00am to 12.00pm
    and 1.00pm. to 4.00pm

From my experience it does take a while for orders to process at Marstar, it's likely variable based on the volume of orders they receive. It actually worked to my advantage one time when a week after placing a large order an unexpected expense came up and I was able to log into my account and cancel the order, completely hassle-free. That sure saved my bacon on the homefront. Regardless of the time it takes for Marstar to process orders, every other aspect of their customer service has exceeded my expectations.

I'm relatively new to firearms but it how hard is it to print off an order, pick four small items (pistol mags),print a label and throw a padded shipping envelope into the box for the UPS/Fedex/whoever late PM pickup? There is really no reason for any well run business not to be able to ship same day for early am orders and next day for all others. Why does the Canadian firearms industry seem to struggle so much with what is for anyone else, a normal level of customer service? (I'm not beating up on Marstar in particular here. From what I've read over the last few months this is pretty normal for many in the Canadian firearms industry.)

OTOH I ordered 20 boxes of ammo from another Forum sponsor around 4:00PM Wednesday. It shipped on Thursday and according to UPS will arrive Monday. So not all companies here are the same when it comes to service in this respect.

I used to be involved in a retail/wholesale auto parts business. We had two pickups a day by the couriers and anything ordered before 2:00PM went out that night. It's not rocket science!
    Last edited by sailor723; 08-16-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    From my experience it does take a while for orders to process at Marstar, it's likely variable based on the volume of orders they receive. It actually worked to my advantage one time when a week after placing a large order an unexpected expense came up and I was able to log into my account and cancel the order, completely hassle-free. That sure saved my bacon on the homefront. Regardless of the time it takes for Marstar to process orders, every other aspect of their customer service has exceeded my expectations.
    You mean to say a WEEK had passed after you had ordered in stock stuff and they still hadn't shipped it? That's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    The easiest and best way to communicate
    with them is by phone.
    Just call them on their toll free number.
    They always answer their phone, but
    remember business hours are 8.00am to 12.00pm
    and 1.00pm. to 4.00pm
    Closing for lunch, that's a little strange too. Are they all Italian?

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    You mean to say a WEEK had passed after you had ordered in stock stuff and they still hadn't shipped it? That's crazy!
    Yes, it was a week. I've experienced delays in shipping as long and even longer with other site sponsors, so AFAIC it's no big deal. I just never get myself in too much of a panic about immediately getting the stuff that I order. After all, good things come to those that wait.
    Last edited by 2strklvr; 08-16-2014 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    Yes, it was a week. I've experienced delays in shipping as long and even longer with other site sponsors, so AFAIC it's no big deal. I just never get myself in too much of a panic about immediately getting the stuff that I order. After all, good things come to those that wait.
    I just don't understand that laissez faire kind of attitude. To me, good customer service dictates prompt and effcient attention to orders. In stock items should ship within 24 hours (48 at the most and even then only during peak periods). Anything longer strikes me as being disrespectful to your customer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast