Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo shipping question

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar

Ammo shipping question

I was messing around in my account by adding some ammo , just to see what shipping would cost me… one option was UPS.. was like $80ish.. the other option was Loomis for $0.00.. yes zero dollars for a crate of ammo shipped a few thousand kms away… do I need glasses or is that for real??
    Last edited by midnightpossum; 08-17-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    No retreat,No surrender

Not sure about the zero...might be that they don't ship to Canada so the default is Zero...the UPS shipping...well that's another story...be prepared for all kinds of added charges when it get to your doorstep..Ive dealt with UPS many times and there always another 60+ dollars of charges...Brokerage fee is a guaranteed one( usually minimum of 35+$)...inspection fee,etc,etc

I buy many things from the states online and if the only shipping available is UPS...I shop elsewhere

Just my two bits..

I used to work for UPS, meaning that I don't anymore. And I will still say that they are very good and competitive with their pricing.

What oddjob is talking about is ordering FROM the US. Most people think there is no charges because of NAFTA, but, there is.. Brokers charge fees. And if you don't ship a lot of product and have your own broker that you use, the broker of the shipping company you use is going to charge you pretty fairly for what everyone else gets charged.. Unfortunately, and I saw this so many times while working there, people just don't know and get upset when they order something.

Either way, it costs money to get something across the border..

With that being said, I didn't think you could buy ammo from the states.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buffdog's Avatar
    Either way, it costs money to get something across the border..

I depends on the item you order from the USA. Loomis, UPS, and other carriers are going to take a chunk out of your wallet. If possible, use the mail----USPS---(United States Postal Service.) It is MUCH cheaper..

I do buy items off of E-Bay and I always ask the Seller if they can ship by USPS. You have to watch E-Bay now, because the quoted price for "International Shipping" is HIGH. But, you need not use their suggested shipping system. This shipping charge is AUTOMATICALLY put onto your final amount and if you are not aware of this, then you get charged for it. You can over-ride the shipping charges on your final invoice as long as you are aware of this and have a cost of shipping from the Seller.

It seems that E-Bay has some sort of agreement with Pitney-Bowes for shipping, and Pitney-Bowes adds many of the "extras" to their charges. Usually the USPS shipping is about half what the E-Bay/Pitney-Bowes charges.
    Be Warned! If you bother me, I can make it to the front gate in 3.2 seconds. Can you do it in 3.1?

Are you actually ordering ammo from the USA ??(although you don`t state doing so,and doubt you are) or were you just messin around with a USA site ?

I`m very fortunate to have a US postal address ,and so get my USA stuff shipped there and when i have enough accumulated ,drive down ,declare my goods and back home.

I too have been stung by UPS brokerage fees and the rest ,no more.The problem is some vendors only ship via UPS through their contracts ,but then there is Amazon.ca who ships UPS for free.....that I like !

Paul T
    NFA member
    CSSA member
    Delta Waterfowl member
    Ducks Unlimited member

I NEVER MET A LIBERAL ,I EVER LIKED. Will Rogers

I think you guys have missed what midnightpossum was asking, and if you look at the original post and where he started the thread you would he see it says wolverine supplies, aka a Canadian site and supplier. As for the cost the best thing to do if your questioning it is to call or email the supplier direct, they may be able to crunch the numbers and get a better rate. Crates of ammo or big/bulky items can be pricey to ship, the only downside to online shopping. As for loomis maybe they do offer free shipping because of the amount of business they do with them, only way to know is call the supplier. My first crate of 7.62 nato came from Ontario and cost me $60 to get it to AB, a price I was willing to pay to get the stuff I wanted when no one else had it.

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer8321 View Post
    I think you guys have missed what midnightpossum was asking, and if you look at the original post and where he started the thread you would he see it says wolverine supplies, aka a Canadian site and supplier.
    Yes.. I am not sure how ordering ammo from the USA got into this thread...

If one of the sponsor members is unable to answer by Monday.. I will e-mail the question to them... or just buy the ammo and not be charged for shipping... it could be a typo or glitch...
    No retreat,No surrender

This is under the Wolverine Supplies forum so I believe OP is asking about ordering ammo from Wolverine, not from states. Don't know why would anyone think the OP is buying from the states. Anyway, probably need to wait till Monday for Wolverine to answer or simply give them a call Monday.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    The shipping calculator for ammo on line isn't always bang on and the zero dollar thing isn't correct either. Contact us directly and we will give you the best quote we can, usually via Purolator. Be advised that cost can vary greatly depending on your location. Hope that helps somewhat.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I`m very fortunate to have a US postal address ,and so get my USA stuff shipped there and when i have enough accumulated ,drive down ,declare my goods and back home.
    I trust you are not talking about ammunition. While Canada Customs will allow that if the US folks catch you exporting without a permit you are in a big heap of trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast