Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Norinco PPN?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by OC-3 View Post
    Chris,

How about a Bersa Thunder .380 with a 3/4 inch longer barrel?

I can see these being $450 CDN retail (I see them at $299 in USA).

[IMG]http://assets.academy.com/mgen/61/10115061.jpg[/IMG

I don't see why not. It's been done here before with the PPK...

Why can't we get them done with the ppk again, I'm dying for one!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    I think the market is limited, at best. I will look into it.
    I'd say you are right unless the slide and dust cover matched the barrel length. I suspect a lot of people (and I am one of them) won't buy a re-barrelled gun with the barrel sticking out. (looks dorky to me)

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I'd say you are right unless the slide and dust cover matched the barrel length. I suspect a lot of people (and I am one of them) won't buy a re-barrelled gun with the barrel sticking out. (looks dorky to me)
    Hey, to each his own. Look at all the people buying SIG P229's and Glock 19's with non-threaded, extended barrels. Look at the Beretta 92's and 96's. They have the same thing. It's not that unusual, and for people who really want the Walther or the Bersa, at least there's a way to get one. Don't be so judgemental.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tony72cutlass's' View Post
    Why can't we get them done with the ppk again, I'm dying for one!!!
    Sure you can. You just have to buy one in the US, have it re-barreled down there, then exported. Not that hard at all...

(that's if you can't get it thru CanAm, of course)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Hey, to each his own. Look at all the people buying SIG P229's and Glock 19's with non-threaded, extended barrels. Look at the Beretta 92's and 96's. They have the same thing. It's not that unusual, and for people who really want the Walther or the Bersa, at least there's a way to get one. Don't be so judgemental.
    Dude got a point a totally agree. Here, we are trying our level best to get our hands on a Restricted PPK with the courtesy of Canam, so any one has an Issue with barrel sticking out or long enough for a raven or seagull to sit on it ! I don't care much!!! I will take what ever Canam get us within the PPK variant

Well,

What i've done in January was buy one in the 12(x) section here, sent it to barry at bits of pieces to get re-barelled (which was done in march) and the paperwork is still underway...

What sites could i look at to buy one of these in the states and have it imported? Might be quicker than waiting for the paperwork!

CanAM has ppk's???

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Sure you can. You just have to buy one in the US, have it re-barreled down there, then exported. Not that hard at all...

(that's if you can't get it thru CanAm, of course)

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    It's a blow back pp = no 9mm, sorry
    One of the fine gentlemen on the site said you guys could get restricted PPK's from time to time? Is this possible!??

Thanks!!

Well,

What i've done in January was buy one in the 12(x) section here, sent it to barry at bits of pieces to get re-barelled (which was done in march) and the paperwork is still underway...

What sites could i look at to buy one of these in the states and have it imported? Might be quicker than waiting for the paperwork!

CanAM has ppk's???
    No they (Canam) don't have PPK. They are just sorting thorough different option. I already tried that importation part & getting re-barreled but that process is very pricey & could reach upto $700-800!

One of the fine gentlemen on the site said you guys could get restricted PPK's from time to time? Is this possible!??

Thanks!!
    If you are very lucky! I've been watching like a Hawk for past 2-3 years & haven't had any luck yet!
    “The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary. Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by Obokash View Post
    No they (Canam) don't have PPK. They are just sorting thorough different option. I already tried that importation part & getting re-barreled but that process is very pricey & could reach upto $700-800!

If you are very lucky! I've been watching like a Hawk for past 2-3 years & haven't had any luck yet!
    You gotta snatch it up within a half hour of being posted! I missed it just BARELY.

How did you go about buying/rebarreling/importing from the states? 7-800 doesnt seem too bad for like, the one gun i've always really wanted lol

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast