Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1121232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: ***New to Canada*** SAP6 MAG-FED FLAT-TOP 11.4" 12GA Shotgun **NON-RESTRICTED**

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Had my first big malfunction with mine today.

I had a new shooter with me that wanted to try it. First shot of the day, a target load of birdshot, and the gun locked up solid after firing. I was not able to clear it at the range despite significant force being put into the pump, so made it safe and took it home with the empty jammed in the chamber.

Used the old "hold the charging handle and slam the butt to the ground" technique at home, and the bolt finally opened, the extractor slipped off the shell leaving it in the chamber.

Got a cleaning rod and knocked the empty out. The steel rim was ballooned to hell, explaining the hard extract.

My thinking is that since he was a new shooter and not familiar with the gun, he put some back pressure on the pump, and fired it slightly out of battery, causing the shell to expand and jam in the chamber.

No damage or catastrophic failure fortunately, but something to keep an eye on for you guys, as I played around with the gun afterwards, and it seems that this gun will still impact a primer with the gun as much as a 1/4" out of battery (just like a Ruger 10/22), causing what I saw today.

Not a safety issue as of yet, but don't put back pressure on a spring loaded pump shotgun when firing.

Just my .02.
    The SAP6 is not capable of firing out of battery. The pump handle has a blocking mechnism that prevents out of battery firing.

The pump handle can be moved slightly rear and the hammer can still drop, however the bolt is still in battery. If moved slightly more rearward the hammer can still drop, but the blocking mechanism prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin. We did testing to ensure OOB firing is not a possiblity.

If your sure your SAP6 is capable of impacting a primer out of battery, please contact us for repair.
    Last edited by Tactical Imports; 11-29-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    The SAP6 is not capable of firing out of battery. The pump handle has a blocking mechnism that prevents out of battery firing.

The pump handle can be moved slightly rear and the hammer can still drop, however the bolt is still in battery. If moved slightly more rearward the hammer can still drop, by the blocking mechanism prevents the hammer from hitting the firing pin. We did testing to ensure OOB firing is not a possiblity.

If your sure your SAP6 is capable of impacting a primer out of battery, please contact us for repair.

I shall play around with the gun with some primed shells that have powder and shot removed, and confirm or disprove what I have said here, and will update my post accordingly if I was incorrect in my diagnosis.

Much appreciated for the support though, I'll keep in touch.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Great to hear about the lack of issues for the most part thus far and how any possible issues sound like they will be promptly looked after!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

So... Any idea when bigger mags will come in? And can you confirm the capacity of the magazines? I head a roomer of an unusual number.
    Last edited by oneguywithsixguns; 11-29-2014 at 03:58 AM.
    <- I made one of the best gifs on the internet

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Yup, low brass target loads. Here's a good pic of the ballooned shell rim. Note the extractor mark from where I had to sledgehammer the bolt open, and it slipped off the shell.

Bummer. Thanks for the pics. Much more helpful than a description. That rim looks pretty fat on that low brass too. Might have contributed to the jam.

Too lazy to shoot out in the cold right now but I think I may have to make a special effort to get out and try it ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguywithsixguns View Post
    Serious question: Does anyone know for sure if there is anything illegal, in writing, about this?
    Seeing as each is it's own individual firearm, your shotgun would be restricted in that config. being less than 26" overall

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Seeing as each is it's own individual firearm, your shotgun would be restricted in that config. being less than 26" overall
    I know your Leo, so I hate to argue, but that looks like it is using the reciever and stock of the other gun as the sap-6's stock. Its no less difficult to remove it from below the barrel of that rifle then to remove it from the stock it is sold with.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by oneguywithsixguns View Post
    Serious question: Does anyone know for sure if there is anything illegal, in writing, about this?
    That is the best use of a SAP6 I've seen yet. Have you used it? How well does the clamps/forend take the recoil?

This shotgun with a six posititpon folding ati stock would be the sexiest gun I've ever seen, straight out of judge dred.

Folding stock would make it restricted though!
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA