Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 102022232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: ***New to Canada*** SAP6 MAG-FED FLAT-TOP 11.4" 12GA Shotgun **NON-RESTRICTED**

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneguywithsixguns View Post
    The TI page said fixed cylinder bore; but your pictures tell a different story...
    Reading is your friend. Its a mod job.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunNut View Post
    Sshhh!!! Trying to induce a price drop here...

I'll buy it when you drop the price to $569
    Sorry, no plans for price drop
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Had my first big malfunction with mine today.

I had a new shooter with me that wanted to try it. First shot of the day, a target load of birdshot, and the gun locked up solid after firing. I was not able to clear it at the range despite significant force being put into the pump, so made it safe and took it home with the empty jammed in the chamber.

Used the old "hold the charging handle and slam the butt to the ground" technique at home, and the bolt finally opened, the extractor slipped off the shell leaving it in the chamber.

Got a cleaning rod and knocked the empty out. The steel rim was ballooned to hell, explaining the hard extract.

My thinking is that since he was a new shooter and not familiar with the gun, he put some back pressure on the pump, and fired it slightly out of battery, causing the shell to expand and jam in the chamber.

No damage or catastrophic failure fortunately, but something to keep an eye on for you guys, as I played around with the gun afterwards, and it seems that this gun will still impact a primer with the gun as much as a 1/4" out of battery (just like a Ruger 10/22), causing what I saw today.

Not a safety issue as of yet, but don't put back pressure on a spring loaded pump shotgun when firing.

Just my .02.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

Serious question: Does anyone know for sure if there is anything illegal, in writing, about this?
    <- I made one of the best gifs on the internet

Serious question: Does anyone know for sure if there is anything illegal, in writing, about this?
    Not sure on the legality issue (prolly illegal somehow given our laws) but that's one badass looking setup that's for damn sure!!

Btw Love the gif!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    Had my first big malfunction with mine today.

I had a new shooter with me that wanted to try it. First shot of the day, a target load of birdshot, and the gun locked up solid after firing. I was not able to clear it at the range despite significant force being put into the pump, so made it safe and took it home with the empty jammed in the chamber.

Used the old "hold the charging handle and slam the butt to the ground" technique at home, and the bolt finally opened, the extractor slipped off the shell leaving it in the chamber.

Got a cleaning rod and knocked the empty out. The steel rim was ballooned to hell, explaining the hard extract.

How could he not have known that would happen?!??
    My thinking is that since he was a new shooter and not familiar with the gun, he put some back pressure on the pump, and fired it slightly out of battery, causing the shell to expand and jam in the chamber.

No damage or catastrophic failure fortunately, but something to keep an eye on for you guys, as I played around with the gun afterwards, and it seems that this gun will still impact a primer with the gun as much as a 1/4" out of battery (just like a Ruger 10/22), causing what I saw today.

Not a safety issue as of yet, but don't put back pressure on a spring loaded pump shotgun when firing.

Just my .02.
    This has been my biggest concern with this gun from the get-go. I really don't understand why they wouldn't have gone with a more conventional bolt locking mechanism.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Looks cool, but not sure how the rail will hold up to the recoil. The rail isn't machined in the receiver, not sure if it can handle the forces involved being shot in that configuration. Wasnt tested for this kind of use in any case.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Regular
    Out of curiosity was it low brass target load?

I've only shot slugs out of it so far without any issues but I have been concerned about that very problem ...

CGN Regular
    I'll have to take a look at mine. But I'm pretty sure the 2 screws that hold the rail on to the SAP6 aren't going to last through the first mag ...

Make it work though and you'll be getting a PM from me for instructions ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yuuup! View Post
    Out of curiosity was it low brass target load?

I've only shot slugs out of it so far without any issues but I have been concerned about that very problem ...
    Yup, low brass target loads. Here's a good pic of the ballooned shell rim. Note the extractor mark from where I had to sledgehammer the bolt open, and it slipped off the shell.

You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?