Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you guys get to a rifle range without a car? Transporting?

How do you guys get to a rifle range without a car? Transporting?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting the mosin nagant deal over at canada ammo, now I live in downtown edmonton and pretty much all the rifle ranges are way out in the sticks and I don't have a car, is it even legal to transport guns on public transit? I am looking at the handy dandy guide that I got when I did my safety course and it assumes that you have your own transportation!

I have heard some city transit authorities don’t allow firearms. First check with them and see what they say.
    Gun control defined:
    The theory that criminals who are willing to ignore laws against rape, torture, kidnapping, theft, and murder, will obey a law that prohibits them from owning a firearm while disarming decent people from having access to firearms to prevent criminals from achieving their goals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    See if a freind or taxi cab can give you a lift home.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    There's an ETS bylaw buried on their website somewhere forbidding transporting firearms on their fleet vehicles. Something like several hundred dollar fine, but I virtually guarantee that if someone spots you and calls the police, you're going to get more trouble than a fine.

That said, I've walked to the range, took a cab, biked, and gotten rides from friends. Next spring I might see if I could do a big of a road trip and bike out to CHAS.

Living in the city has taught me to love takedown guns. You'd be surprised how many cab drivers used to be in the military, though more than a few thought only police and military could own guns in Canada.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

I guess the days of getting on the bus on the edge of town with my Cooey .22 and a couple of bleeding dead snowshoes are long gone. LOL

BANNED
    Sad but true, if you don't know anyone to give you a lift once in a while the only option is to get a taxi or look for deals on a used scooter, cheap and convenient.

Yeah, kinda sucky. My son lives in downtown Edmonton and called transit about taking his bow (in a case) on the bus to get to a range - nope. Wtf? I'd imagine the same for firearms. That being said, a hard shell case, locked ..... it's my clarinet ? Or call a cab. Either way in the city like that I'm thinking a locked hard case is the way to go. Sad isn't it? ...

BANNED
    Transit is unlikely to go anywhere near a club in the sticks. Get one of your wheeled buddies to join with you.

CGN Regular
    buy a guitar case

Quote Originally Posted by Algoguy View Post
    buy a guitar case
    Or a couple of large diameter plastic packing tubes attached end to end. Anything to disguise that it is a rifle you are transporting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast