Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am stuck on my PAL application. It's been 11 months.

Your story stinks.
    Whatever you've left out, is why they want your records. I'm betting you already know that.

"moved somewhere far far away"
    "someone with a degree or something"

You can do better than that, c'mon...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9x19p View Post
    Your story stinks.
    Whatever you've left out, is why they want your records. I'm betting you already know that.

"moved somewhere far far away"
    "someone with a degree or something"

You can do better than that, c'mon...

The "far, far away" sent up flags for me as well. Something is fishy here...

CGN Regular
    Well for one thing he didn't know me well enough to sign off on my license, also didn't know I was diagnosed with anything at all, and I couldn't get him the information on the diagnosis when he asked me.

I only seen him once every other year to once a year, and Ive only seen him three times.

I suffer from depression. I had to go to the doctor and asked her to write a letter saying I'm fit to own firearms and such. U can go to a clinic and ask for a mental health assement. It will cost u around 50 to 100 bucks to have the letter written.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dagmaar's Avatar
    How old are you ? If you were diagnosed with something in high school , I would think that , if it were five or more years ago , they wouldn't care . Also , aren't records of that type confidential ? I'd be asking the CFO why they were requiring this of me .
    Also , if you MD just moved last month , the clinic he left would be the place to ask for your records .
    This is just odd .

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyffer View Post
    I suffer from depression. I had to go to the doctor and asked her to write a letter saying I'm fit to own firearms and such. U can go to a clinic and ask for a mental health assement. It will cost u around 50 to 100 bucks to have the letter written.
    Yeah that's kinda what I'm trying to do.

Any problems I had were a while ago in the past, mostly due to stress and personal issues. Never been arrested or have a criminal record, never tried to kill myself or harm anyone but I was a bit depressed for a while before I left highschool.

I've been looking but I can't find any clinics that deal with mental assessments around here, most of them are strictly walk in clinics, whats strange is that I've called about 5 different physiatrists and some say they don't do assessments/no open spots, others just do therapy and referred me elsewhere.

They are specifically asking for more info on the my mental disability though, since it's something that I've haven't had any issues at all with I'm kinda stuck.

Also I'm 19 years of age currently, for anyone wanting to know.

Oh my,can you imagine a teenager in high school being confused ,stressed and dealing with peer pressure while going through a bout of puberty ?

I`m surprised more kids don`t go nuts at that age, glad I`m done with that stage of life !

Social workers........what`s needed for that ,grade 12 GED !!

Good luck to you ,hope things work out !

Paul T
    NFA member
    CSSA member
    Delta Waterfowl member
    Ducks Unlimited member

I NEVER MET A LIBERAL ,I EVER LIKED. Will Rogers

BANNED
    Go talk to whoever took over the Doc's practice. Or contact the Ministry of Health. Your medical records are there, but getting 'em will cost you. Daft thing when it costs to get your property though.
    Mind you, before you do anything, you need to ask the CPFO why they want 'em. Getting a metal assessment done will put a big red flag up.

Your medical records are stored with your provincial college of physicians.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12