Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I really like this build "menu" on the website. Will it have a rough picture of what it would look like with the options on it?
    Man, to do that takes alot more time with which we could be building guns with.
    Basic it will be. A simple matter of ticking off the options and adding up the numbers will give not only pricing, but a working document for the order to be based on. We will still be personally following up with every build to ensure everyone is on the same page.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    There BETTER be a Maple Leaf on it!! LOL
    You can be assured there will be our stylized maple leaf on the gun.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by moogles View Post
    I'm only ask out of curiosity. Rick claimed there was nothing to take a picture of in the other thread, and this one only has is a CAD model. A sample of the rifle must have been sent for inspection if there's a FRT number. I'm guessing Rick just doesn't want to put up a picture?
    As mentioned in the last thread. We made a VERY crude but functional prototype and sent it in to the RCMP. We did not take photos of it as we saw no need.
    We were pleasantly surprised when a few years after we submitted it to get a letter stating it was classified as NON Restricted and have an FRT# for it.
    The FRT# is 146190

We saw no sense to spend a bunch of time (spelled money) making a nicely sculpted prototype, nor any reason to worry about machine tool marks or any reason to make it pretty figuring a high probability of it being classed as Restricted. Why waste time and money needlessly?
    It was an operating prototype that served the purpose. Given that there are many detractors in this culture there seemed no sense to supply ammunition for ridicule to them nor was it thought to be in our best interest to supply a leg up, so to speak, to our competition to potentially profit from our project.
    I mean think about it for a second. If you came up with a design for something that could be easily seized upon by your competition would you post all the photos and design details here? And before you actually got it perfected and into production?

The CAD drawing still gives competitors an idea of what we have done, but I understand no-one wants to put money down on vaporware. There have been a few individuals that have seen and shot the prototype, and 1 posted a covertly taken photo, so believe me the gun does exist. And the upper/lower will be exactly as the CAD drawing shows as that is what is being made. The furniture ofcourse is all optional so can change to suit the taste of the purchaser.
    We are scrambling to get the fixtures made, and parts that we do not manufacture into stock to get this gun into full production in the next few months.

I hope the explanation makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by moogles View Post
    I figured this may be the case. Whether the submitted rifle needs to be the end product or a functional model is something I am completely ignorant about.

It makes perfect sense.

Are custom serial numbers available after the first 75, with a fee?
    We are offering custom serial numbers as a perk, if you will only on the 1st 75 guns, and at no added cost.
    Once we get this run complete we will not be offering custom serial numbers as it becomes truly a logistical nightmare for us as each serial number then has to be manually programmed into the mills.

Regarding weight.
    With a pencil profile looks like about 8 lbs, with the varmint profile closer to 10 and the bull will tip the scales at about 12.5

Bear in mind the furniture also plays a part in the cumulative weight.

I would think that the CFW barrel will run in the 9 to 10 lb area.

Needless to say our goals are in the following order. Relaiblility, Accuracy. Weight.

Quote Originally Posted by yohann160 View Post
    Accuracy is not only a function of barrel profile. I'm sure ATRS has excellent barrel blanks and you can get away with shredding a lot of material from them. I have no doubt the team at ATRS will be up for the challenge when I place the order.
    Correct. Using high quality barrels such as Lilja, Jury certainly help in achieving accuracy, cutting precise threads and chambers is a true make or break it point.
    Barrel weight only really effects the number of shots fired into the same spot before the barrel starts to deflect from heat and the shots start to drift away from P.O.A

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Will the pencil barrel be providing 1 moa accuracy? Do you think the cfw barrel will be more accurate or is it better to say it will remain accurate for longer?
    I expect that the light profile ( pencil) barrel will be better than 1 MOA, but only for 2 or 3 shots, then heat deflection will become a factor.
    The CFW barrels provide more shots before heat becomes an issue at all.
    On my 300 Norma I can 8 or 9 rounds off in close succession before the groups start to open up much from heat, where as the number 4 contour conventional barrel on my 300 Win which has a much smaller case capacity seems to get 3 or 4 before heat deflection rears its ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Like trying to select a vanity plate for car... back when they were only 6 digits.

(is it limited to 6 digits? or is 6 digits the minimum?)
    Minimum 2 maximum 6 or we run out of room.
    They can be alpha numeric, your choice or mix n match

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    I'm just happy to hear that there will be something indicated that this baby is Canadian. Also I missed this.....it's coming in 308, but will the 243, and 260 options just require a new barrel? Any timeline on these calibre conversions, or would we have to order the rifle in that configuration from the get go?

Quote Originally Posted by thewolfchild View Post
    Just a leaf? Should be a Canadian flag...
    Last edited by Animatronic Fireman; 08-26-2014 at 07:54 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Well I think it can be on case buy case. Let say I receive the gun, go to the range and it ftf every 2 round well sorry I do not feel I should pay shipping! But let say I go to the range and the extractor breaks well I would feel it up to you to offer to ship me the part or for me to pay to ship the gun to you and you would install it free of charge. There is the nuance.

My point being; I will use this past experience as an example. I bought I new m305 and the barrel exploded and harpooned 10 yard down range on the 4 round ever! Let's just say if the retailer would have dared to ask me to pay to ship it back it would have ben the last time I dealt with them! But they immediately responded and sent me a pre paid label.

Is this not reasonable? Lets say I get the gun and it does not have a gas port? Do I have to pay back shipping?

They haven't even built any yet and you want them to answer hypothetical questions on warranty returns??
    IF anything happens and a warranty concern arises with a customer, I am sure Rick and his company will deal with it and the customers will walk away happy.