Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 43535556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    This is awesome news can hardly wait to hear some range reports now.

Now I really messed up I walked into a store Sunday they had a 25% off sale on select rifle happening walked out with a new bolt action RMEF Rem 700 XCR11 in 25-06.

Its now going to take just a bit longer to come up with the gun cash to order one of these beauties guess I could always put my XCR-L up for sale...

If CampCook is even JOKING bout selling his XCR, you know that man is serious!

As far as schedule goes, the rifles will be going out the door in the same order that the deposits came in. We are still looking good on the time frame, we should see the first rifles going out in late February.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Thanks ShaunM! Even the cerakoted ones will go out in that order? My deposit was taken August 28th but that was before we were able to option out the carbon barrel and some OD. I'll be happy either way but there's probably others who like me ordered some degree of "colour" .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer andrew3081's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Wish I could see the look on the face of the atrs haters now! So what's the expected compete date for the first 75?
    Don't celebrate way too early. Every gun will have some issues when it is first introduced tot he market.

Congrats ATRS!
    What?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Now to start the 223 version!
    Yes please.

Very good news.

Now to start saving money

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    I know this is way early, but any idea when you guys will start taking deposits for the second run? Website says the rifles can be expected around dec 2015 for the second run.
    |CCFR|

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by orthoboy View Post
    Thanks ShaunM! Even the cerakoted ones will go out in that order? My deposit was taken August 28th but that was before we were able to option out the carbon barrel and some OD. I'll be happy either way but there's probably others who like me ordered some degree of "colour" .
    I'm afraid that question will have to remain unanswered until Dustin and Rick return from SHOT show but my understanding is that the rifles are being assembled in order, it's just that cerakoting will take additional time.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Great News!

NON RESTRICTED FRT#149826 (This is the FINAL production FRT)

Thanks for your continued support
    Congratulations = awesome.
    Just a thought….
    Would it not be best if this was posted on the first page & have the thread title updated?
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

Perhaps it's been mentioned, but maybe if you could offer an "economy" model for those of us who don't have $3000 laying around?
    NFA member. Because it's not just about "sport shooting"

CGN Regular
    That is the economy model, I'm afraid. The money "saved" by going with a lesser quality barrel, is virtually insignificant. And frankly, we don't want to sacrifice quality, for lower cost. There's enough of that already going on in this industry.

On the plus side, it's only $1500 up front, and then the remainder when the rifle is complete, and orders are now being taken for December 2015 delivery so you've got a bit of time to come up with the rest. Something tells me it's going to be a long, long while before we have any rifles sitting on the shelf for walk-in purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaSheepdog View Post
    Perhaps it's been mentioned, but maybe if you could offer an "economy" model for those of us who don't have $3000 laying around?