Page 64 of 68 FirstFirst ... 445456575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Picatinny View Post
    Congratulations = awesome.
    Just a thought….
    Would it not be best if this was posted on the first page & have the thread title updated?
    Why yes, yes it would. We'll try to clean up and streamline this thread, and the other modern hunter threads over the next week or so now that everything is finalized.

I think the week of SHOT show is the second busiest week of the year for Rick and Dustin. The busiest is the week after SHOT since there's so much catching up to do and all new business to take care of!

ShaunM is the second production run still going to be completed around July? just wondering if the delayed FTR was pushed this back? My MH is around the 130 spot. Glad to see she is non restricted, was alittle worried there but would have taken it regardless. Awesome rifle!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Life sucks now and then...

First I miss this rifle completely.

Then because there was no FRT I buy another rifle last Monday.

Now my son (his wife my grandson and him are in Michigan they are both going to university on Masters programs) texts me yesterday telling me that with the dollar exchange they have fallen behind and can't make their rent etc payment this month.

So I'm sending them $1000 to help.

Right there was my deposit for the next run.

Along comes one of the greatest firearms/ big game hunting advancements in Canadian history and I am stuck on the side lines for a bit longer.

Frustrating...
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

You've got lots of time to save for that deposit. Like Shaun said above, it will be late in the year.

And yeah, the Canadian $$ sucks right now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    My interest in this has been growing. I'm holding out on placing an order until the original run is out for a bit. Want some end user feedback first. I think the base price point is pretty good to be honest.
    CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Good point about the Canadian $$. With any components coming from the US, price will go up on even the basic model. So happy I got in on the ground floor.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Are building proprietary mags through your local supplier an option? I realize most would prefer to use an off shelf item for ease of replacement and availability, but many of those mags that would fit the bill are expensive to say the least. My only request would be that it be a double stack to avoid the rattle that some single stack mags have when moving around ( my Tikka is bad for this ).
    Good luck at the shot show, hopefully we'll all be lucky enough to get some good news before then
    Making mags is expensive. The molds for our AT15 Pistol mags alone were over $50000.00, this does not include the engineering and programming to make the molds. So as long as P mags are available we will be employing them. As for the Modern Magnum, we are still looking for solutions that will help keep costs down.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by zezzy View Post
    ShaunM is the second production run still going to be completed around July? just wondering if the delayed FTR was pushed this back? My MH is around the 130 spot. Glad to see she is non restricted, was alittle worried there but would have taken it regardless. Awesome rifle!
    We were confident enough that we adopted a "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead" plan, so no the delay did not slow production down. Assuming our suppliers for barrels and furniture are able to deliver as they promised, I believe we are pretty much right on schedule.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    You've got lots of time to save for that deposit. Like Shaun said above, it will be late in the year.

And yeah, the Canadian $$ sucks right now.
    Yes it does and this will have an effect on pricing moving forward. We will be working on "what now" for any orders incoming now that we are back in country.
    Hopefully this is a minor currency hick up that resolves itself in short order, but all of our suppliers have been sending notifications of price increases simply due to the currency exchange on US made products.

Any news from Shot Show about other compatible hand guards?
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.