Page 40 of 68 FirstFirst ... 203032333435363738394041424344454647485060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Why not just make another model with a non match thinner barrel for the average guy that wants to blast off alot of cheap steel cased ammo just plinking or training drills, It would make a better lighter brush and hunting gun anyway, dont care if its 2MOA gun , Not everyone is a precision long range shooter or have the distance near them to do so. Your limiting your market greatly with only having match grade target barrels. If you think people wont pay that much for a plinking gun that shoots cheap ammo your crazy , look how much people spend upgrading m14s, i know many people that run cheap commie ammo through pricey guns like Tavors , Swiss arms and FAMAE. And barrel replacement should be easy on this rifle anyway right?
    I don't think you have read the details of what we are doing.
    We DO offer a light contour barrel, the contour is NOT what makes a match grade barrel.
    It takes EXACTLY the same amount of work and time to turn a less expensive barrel as it does a proven performer.
    The cost between a less expensive barrel and the barrel manufacturers we have chosen to deal with is about $50.00 per blank, so as you can see a tremendous saving.
    The real difference is that we use the best barrels available and cut chambers that are not sloppy as are commonly found on the surplus conscript guns or the modern day spray and pray guns.

We "could" add an option if the demand is there for ubber loose chambers and cheapest crap barrels on the planet, but the guns would also then come with a host of legal papers to be signed by the recipient holding ATRS free from any liability in the event of any problems from functionality to bodily injury of death.

We are NOT building a battle rifle or a spray and pray rifle in any way. We have spent a GREAT deal of time and money here so we can supply a modern style semi auto that is NON Restricted to the Canadian gun culture. It would seem very counterproductive to now re-invent it as a modern SKS.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Well put!

Its funny the this project is a purpose built platform to fill a very narrow whole in the Canadian firearms market.
    1 Match grade. 2. Semi auto 3. NR 4.Large cal ( .308)
    And now that new comers are finding out about, they are trying to get there personal preferences put into the project, taking it out of the designed niche it was purpose built for.
    If you ant a NR .223 theres lots out there.
    If you want a NR .308 that shoots surplus ammo like a scatter gun there option out there to. M305, FNHR XCR-M...
    Use the right tool for the job.
    Religion is the most destructive of all of mankinds inventions~

Any more range reports? Are we still looking at a February date for the first batch?

Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply For The Win!!

I want one of these so bad I can taste it. Incredible quality at an incredible price. I've been putting off any new purchases in favour of this and as soon as I finish saving, I'll be camping your doorstep.
    Three gun fun!

CGN frequent flyer
    I just woke up, pulled my head from my ass and realized that this gun is semi auto. I thought it was a straight pull bolt action. Duh for me. I have to say I am very excited about this rifle, and I think ATR has done an amazing job. How many threads are there about people wanting a black rifle that shoots 1/10th moa? This is a fantastic rifle and I will be seriously condemplating buying on in the future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Savage's Avatar
    Great job Rick ,Looking forward to getting a replacement for my Tubb 2000 .
    Life is Great Death is Peaceful
    It is the the Transition that is troublesome
    Mom & Dad I will cherish your memories forever you will be for ever loved
    Annette June 08,1931-April 23,2010
    Russ July 19,1931-March 17,2004
    Keiv were the Women Are SMOKIN HOT

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Any more range reports? Are we still looking at a February date for the first batch?
    There should be a review in the next Caliber magazine. It just doesn't carry the same weight if we do it ourselves. ;-)

CGN frequent flyer warrenlikesboats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    The acid test will be: Does it shoot over moa, moa, or sub moa? (with most factory match loads).
    THAT ^^ right there is the question everyone should be asking . Aint worth 3500 to me if it doesnt shoot better than 1.25" @ 100

CGN Regular
    2015 should be a great year to be part of ATRS. Seems like allot of your projects are coming to life at the same time. The modern hunter ( so close I can almost feel the recoil ) , the ATRS AR pistol mags, and your new long rifle bags. I could see buying another bag but shorter to fit the modern hunter. I cannot believe how solid and well thought out this bag is. It's almost going to hurt to get it dirty.
    Good luck to you and the crew in the new year.