Page 1 of 68 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Jan 2015 update.
    I have gone through this entire thread cleaning it up and trying to condense it so not as much reading is required. Also on this initial post I have added photos and video of the final product. Firm pricing has been established as has delivery times, for full info please check our website www.albertatacticalrifle.com or contact us directly via email at info@albertatacticalerifle.com
    PM's we will not be responding to.

The Initial run of these will be offered with either A2 fixed, CTR collapsible or PRS stocks.
    Barrel options for stainless steel barrels will be 18.6",20",22" or 24" in 3 contours. Barrels can be threaded, we just need to know when the order is placed.
    We also will be offering Proof Research Carbon Fiber Wrapped barrels in 260,308 and 6.5 Creedmoor in 18.6" and 20" lengths only, these come threaded.
    A 4 lb match single stage trigger is the only option.
    Fore ends will be JP, DPMS, Fortis or PRI for now. We are sourcing others to ensure that they will fit as well as plan to start to manufacture our own flat top key mod fore end. More info to follow once we receive these.

308 will be the first caliber offered simply as we have 30 cal barrels in stock, but 243, 260, 7mm08 and 338 Federal are not a problem. Only these calibers are offered simply because of the mag and limitations of the bolt face.

Key features .
    NON RESTRICTED FRT#149826 (This is the FINAL production FRT)
    Integrated Ambi bolt release
    Non reciprocating fold flat charge handle, sealed to prevent gas escape for the shooter.
    Ambi safety (optional)
    Ambi mag release (optional)
    7075 billet upper and lower
    Hinged dust cover over ejection port
    Left handed friendly shell deflector
    Direct gas impingement operating system ( tried and proven to work)
    Any AR style grip will fit
    Employs P mags
    True match grade barrels as standard , various lengths, contours and calibers available base on 308 parent cartridge.

Due to the complaints of a few members who feel we are misleading the public and to comply with CGN rules of disclosure, we post the following information.

Please read paragraph 3 as it clearly states the Modern Hunter IS classified as a NON RESTRICTED firearm provided we maintain a "faithful" copy of the prototype, which we have.

We offered a limited production run that will have custom serial numbers at no additional cost for the first 75 guns, these have sold out.

A 1500.00 deposit and submitting a build sheet from our website will get you into the 1st production run.
    Anticipated delivery of this run will start in Feb 2015
    PLEASE NOTE The first and second production run is now sold out. The third production run is slated for December 2015 delivery

Sept 15 2014 update

October 30 2014 update
    Photos of the finished rifle.

And many thanks to ShaunM who started work here recently for shooting and producing this short video for us.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VbLCCNfQ0
    Last edited by alberta tactical rifle; 03-17-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: new photos added and updated info
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin9934 View Post
    That is interesting!

Non-restricted? Is this a ar-10 modified to be non-restricted? Can you explain?

What price range?
    It is a newly designed proprietary rifle. If it was an AR10 it would have been classified as an AR10 variant hence restricted.

We are hoping to see base model in the $3000.00 range, but until we actually have an idea of how many we are making and what actual time and costs are it is hard to say "at this moment" exactly what base price will be. The economies of scale apply to everything. The more that are made the more units the R&D costs are spread over.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

if I might offer a suggestion? the ability to safely close gas ports/disable gas system to effectively turn rifle into a straight pull. I like to save my brass, and I love the ergo's of such a platform as this, but semi auto isn't really my first choice for hunting as I reload. Of course I understand that is not the case for many others, but just thought I'd throw that out there as something to consider.
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

ATRS, I would still wish the option to switch to semi auto though. Ie; Swiss PE90, I could turn the gas port half way and it would close the port, essentially giving me straight pull action and no damaged case mouths HOWEVER, it was not really designed to be shutoff. A gas port designed with a shutoff would be awesome.
    "They are the most armed, and most free” - Nicolo Macchiavelli, regarding Switzerland

$3000 projected price is amazing for this level of quality. Consider the other non-restricted semi auto rifles in .308 that are available in Canada, the only other rifle's that can be considered "match" quality are the Springfield m1a's. $3000 for a choice of calibre, barrel contour, barrel length, ambi controls (I am a lefty and not enough can be said about finally being looked after) and all the other options that come with dealing with ATRS, simply amazing. Kicks the pants off a certain $3000 Chilean import with 2moa accuracy, stamped receiver and ZERO options for upgrades. Thank you ATRS!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The economies of scale apply to everything. The more that are made the more units the R&D costs are spread over.
    Good thing you are partnered with Tactical Capital Corp.

Maybe set-up a special 'Modern Hunter' deal with them. eg. preferred finance rate or term.

If it gets more orders for you, it will get better prices for us.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyCuda View Post
    I thought he mentioned 18.6" as well.
    Yes, both those lengths 18.6 and 20 inches were mentioned....I was inquiring about longer barrels like 22 or 24 inches.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animatronic Fireman View Post
    He's said in the past that those would be completely different because they aren't based on the 308 cartridge and weren't being considered at this time.
    I read that, and understood. I wasn't suggesting a different calibre. I was asking if, in the future, there would be the potential for a scale down version of the entire platform. Think of this as AR10 sized, and scaled down to AR15 size. Hence the 223 and 300 calibres.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I read that, and understood. I wasn't suggesting a different calibre. I was asking if, in the future, there would be the potential for a scale down version of the entire platform. Think of this as AR10 sized, and scaled down to AR15 size. Hence the 223 and 300 calibres.
    In the other thread I think there was a mentioned possibility, but that it would be far off and mostly dependent on the commercial success of this rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk-i View Post
    Yes, both those lengths 18.6 and 20 inches were mentioned....I was inquiring about longer barrels like 22 or 24 inches.
    While I can't speak for ATRS, my gut tells me once they get this rifle sorted out there will be a number of customization options. Certainly wouldn't be difficult for them to profile a longer barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Incorrect. AR 15 variants are restricted, AR 10 variants are not. Check the legislation, a semi auto version of an original AR 10 would be unrestricted...
    If anyone knows what they are talking about, it is Rick at ATRS. Yes, the original AR10 has models that predate the AR15, and as such aren't variants of the AR15. However, the current design of the AR10 is an upscaled version of the AR15 in design, hence why they are restricted.

Let's keep the ar10 debate seperate. Stay focused on this apple rather than tossing in the oranges.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Page 1 of 68 1234567891121 ... LastLast