Page 39 of 68 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Why not just make another model with a non match thinner barrel for the average guy that wants to blast off alot of cheap steel cased ammo just plinking or training drills, It would make a better lighter brush and hunting gun anyway, dont care if its 2MOA gun , Not everyone is a precision long range shooter or have the distance near them to do so. Your limiting your market greatly with only having match grade target barrels. If you think people wont pay that much for a plinking gun that shoots cheap ammo your crazy , look how much people spend upgrading m14s, i know many people that run cheap commie ammo through pricey guns like Tavors , Swiss arms and FAMAE. And barrel replacement should be easy on this rifle anyway right?
    One. Simple. Solution. Buy something cheaper. Why would you pay over 3k on basically a plincking rifle? Makes no sense.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    One. Simple. Solution. Buy something cheaper. Why would you pay over 3k on basically a plincking rifle? Makes no sense.
    Same reason many do NR ACR conversions that can run up to $3500.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The acid test will be: Does it shoot over moa, moa, or sub moa? (with most factory match loads).

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    Why not just make another model with a non match thinner barrel for the average guy that wants to blast off alot of cheap steel cased ammo just plinking or training drills, It would make a better lighter brush and hunting gun anyway, dont care if its 2MOA gun , Not everyone is a precision long range shooter or have the distance near them to do so. Your limiting your market greatly with only having match grade target barrels. If you think people wont pay that much for a plinking gun that shoots cheap ammo your crazy , look how much people spend upgrading m14s, i know many people that run cheap commie ammo through pricey guns like Tavors , Swiss arms and FAMAE. And barrel replacement should be easy on this rifle anyway right?

That's like telling Mercedes they should be making Volkswagen Beatles.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    Or worse yet... A Volkswagen Golf!

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Well AR10s are NOT non restricted, XCRMs suck , RFBs suck , SG542 is almost just as much money as the modern hunter and the M14 is dated .. What other options am i left with!? I spent almost 3k on a Tavor to plink with so whats your point?

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkw View Post
    Thats a pretty retarded comment lol , take KAC SR25 for example the barrel options range from a match grade target barrels to a normal profile chrome lined carbine barrels . Are you comparing Knights Armament to VW then ?? Most all company's that make modern .308 gas guns offer a standard barrel . The FN SCAR has 2 barrel profiles too.
    Last edited by boss351cleveland; 12-15-2014 at 05:14 AM.

CGN Regular
    Buy the modern hunter then slap on a cheapy barrel. Done. Problem solved in my mind. Put the match barrel back on and resight when you need to hit your target.

Not at all in my plans, but to each their own.
    Last edited by purplezuk; 12-15-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    Buy the modern hunter then slap on a cheapy barrel. Done. Problem solved in my mind. Put the match barrel back on and resight when you need to hit your target.
    It is slightly more complicated than that as we did not use a standardized AR10 gas block, on purpose. Just 1 of the many differences that allowed us to achieve NR status.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wildphil24 View Post
    Will you eventually offer left-hand ejection?
    I would take one left-handed in .338federal.
    Browning offers that with a custom BAR but I'd really prefer an ATRS rifle.
    I seriously doubt it as there just is not anywhere near enough demand to invest the money needed into completely re-doing all the machine programs and building all new fixtures.
    The rifle can be built fully ambidextrous short of the charge handle and the shell deflector sends the casings all forward and to the right anyway.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there