Page 33 of 68 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293031323334353637383940414353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    He did some editing and will be sending me the new link so i can update my post. He has posted the video in a thread he started in our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VbLCCNfQ0

Sorry everybody, I deleted the video so I could add the background music.
    Cool thanks!

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dhpsask View Post
    This would be a long ways down the road, but I will still ask. In the future would you be able to make a charging handle in the location of an AR's, and make it in 556. I know you have said a 556 model might be something down the road if the 308 rifle does well. I am just curious about the charging handle also.
    The problem I see with rear charge handle is when you put any decent sized optic on the charge handle becomes harder to manipulate. Also with the manner in which we retain the buffer and buffer spring precludes the use of a rear charge handle.
    The whole point of the exercise was to NOT make just another AR variant that would inevitably be classed as restricted.
    Using an unmodified AR bolt, charge handle etc would most likely result in it being deemed an AR variant.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by boss351cleveland View Post
    You guys should definitely make your own keymod handguard with a top rail . That Fortis one looks good but i would have no need for that quick change feature .
    We plan to, but right now as so busy just getting these guns made we don't have time. There are only so many hours to work in a week, and believe me we ARE working all of them.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

GunNutz
    It's funny sometimes.... ATRS designs a beauty of a rifle so that it fits and functions extremely well and you get people saying "I want it to look like an AR10" or "I want it to look like a combat rifle" or... Ya want something that looks like an AR10? Buy an AR10.
    If I could afford an ATRS Modern Hunter, I'd want it to look like an ATRS Modern Hunter... which, by the way, is a beaut! Great work guys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I would love one. But it does not fit legally so well where I live. You see in NB and I believe NS and possibly others were stuck with a rather annoying hunting reg. If I used a Modern Hunter for say deer, everything is good. However once I shoot and tag the deer I cannot take that rifle to the woods again until next deer season for the most part. Our regs state that once a big game animal is tagged that it is unlawful to have a rifle of larger than .23 cal in the woods. So in NB if you want a year round rifle for hunting,camping, plinking, etc it better be under .23 cal. You can see how 223 and 22-250 rifle sales are high in NB. I am afraid I will have to sit and wait to see If a 223 model is developed, or see if you offer the current rifle with a 22-250 barrel. I seen a guy here convert a M305 to 22-250 so it might be possible.

Moe

I just stumbled onto this thread, wow! Great job guys! Going to take me awhile to squirrel away the money for one, but it is now #1 on the list.

Also, I am jealous of your CAD guy, he has my dream job!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I am afraid I will have to sit and wait to see If a 223 model is developed, or see if you offer the current rifle with a 22-250 barrel. I seen a guy here convert a M305 to 22-250 so it might be possible.

Moe
    A .223 model is planned, but it's years away in all likelihood.

However, a 22-250 caliber should work.

Short actions with a bolt face .Dia of .470 +/-
    225 Winchester, 22/250 Remingtion, 6mm Norma BR, 243 Win, 250 Savage, 260 Rem,
    6.5/284 Norma, 7/08 Rem, 284 win, 300 Savage, 308 Win, 338 Federal, 35 Rem, and
    the 358 Winchester.
    I'm no expert, but those calibers share the same bolt face, which means that theoretically you should be able to just get new barrel blank made up for that caliber. Maybe the extractor would have to be tweaked, I don't know.

I'm not sure if ATRS is planning on offering all those choices, the tooling for each caliber is probably pretty expensive.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    Not trying to stir the pot or anything here, I'm just curious. Have you heard back from the RCMP on the final inspection?
    Not yet, they said max 8 weeks, it has been 3 since the received the final production unit.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    At least they gave you a reasonable estimate to deal with. Much better than having it just go into eternal limbo again.

Hey, what sort of cost would a owner be looking at to replace the barrel on their mh308? Lets say its shot out, or they want to go to a different profile, etc. Ballpark replacement cost?
    Stainless match grade barrel around the $900.00 mark

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles Marble Mouth View Post
    I hope sales go very well for you.
    I think this rifle will sell very well as long as its reliable! The quality will be there from ATRS thats for sure, hope its more reliable than AR10 type rifles cause they are not the greatest, being a new rifle design is a good thing . Also having a all weather reliable semi auto that can run most types of ammo while having a match barrel is very difficult. I think there would be a market for a version with a cheaper lighter barrel ,looser chamber, maybe chrome lined!? for the plinker/brush gun people that can run crappy Norc and Russian ammo and use it in bad weather cold dirt ect.