Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Looking great, can't wait till I've got mine in hand!

CGN Regular
    Very, very nice. If Ducati made a rifle it wouldn't look that sexy.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Looks nice! Could you guys snap a pic for us with the PRS when you put it on tomorrow please.

I'm also really curious to see how you did the upper/lower retention in the rear.

Good Job, I hope it shoots as good as it looks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    very nice!!! Can't wait to see field reports!

That is fantastic. Great work. I agree the side charging handle will be much more natural than pushing the AR away and squishing your arm in towards your body to pull it back enough.
    I'm wondering between bumping obstacles or recoil if that charging handle will fold when you don't want it to. Maybe if there were a stiff enough locking into the open position that only a very intentional closing with the hand or a locking mechanism with a button to depress. Looks like it's removable by the two screws though so could put a solid one on or make one like mentioned.
    Just looks great though. Very exciting

CGN Regular
    It feels quite solid when manipulating it, I didn't have all the time in the world to play with it, wife was in the car waiting lol. But when you rack it back, and then slide forward, your hands natural motion to 'reach' to the handguard, automatically closes it, and it didn't have any wiggle or looseness to it. I don't know how that will play out after a few thousand rounds down the pipe and a little wearing of parts, I expect to find out first hand! But it's SO sleek and ergonomic. I never tried out the bolt hold or anything though... hindsight is 20-20.

If this rifle is as successful as I think it will be, maybe Rick will make a little show-case museum of the prototype upper + lower in the lobby display case, along with the original RCMP response they mailed back.

May potentially change the face of Canadian semi-auto rifles.

I seem to remember reading earlier in the thread that there wasnt going to be a dust cover on it? Not that its a problem, just curious.

Looks a little chunky with that small adjustable stock, i bet it would look amazing with a A2 style stock.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    I seem to remember reading earlier in the thread that there wasnt going to be a dust cover on it? Not that its a problem, just curious.

Looks a little chunky with that small adjustable stock, i bet it would look amazing with a A2 style stock.
    this and this!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunM View Post
    It feels quite solid when manipulating it, I didn't have all the time in the world to play with it, wife was in the car waiting lol. But when you rack it back, and then slide forward, your hands natural motion to 'reach' to the handguard, automatically closes it, and it didn't have any wiggle or looseness to it. I don't know how that will play out after a few thousand rounds down the pipe and a little wearing of parts, I expect to find out first hand! But it's SO sleek and ergonomic. I never tried out the bolt hold or anything though... hindsight is 20-20.

If this rifle is as successful as I think it will be, maybe Rick will make a little show-case museum of the prototype upper + lower in the lobby display case, along with the original RCMP response they mailed back.

May potentially change the face of Canadian semi-auto rifles.
    I'm hoping for a 2015 deployment so I can use the extra money to buy a batch 3 or 4 rifle. I really hope that this rifle takes off, and quality Canadian craftsmanship and ingenuity is rewarded.
    Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
    Sir Winston Churchill

that looks amazing , could you post a picture with a 12 inch hand guard with the exposed gas block. I might have to change to the 15 inch decisions, desisions