Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Looking at the CAD file you posted. Is it held together with one pin? I couldn't see a take down pin at the rear. Also, is the charging handle going to be a folder type like the American Spirit Arms or is it always going to stick out? Not being picky or anything. Just being a curious future owner.
    KMATDCS

Will this every be available in .223? I am very excited.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenShadow80 View Post
    Looking at the CAD file you posted. Is it held together with one pin? I couldn't see a take down pin at the rear. Also, is the charging handle going to be a folder type like the American Spirit Arms or is it always going to stick out? Not being picky or anything. Just being a curious future owner.
    Per Rick's original post:

"Non reciprocating fold flat charge handle"

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenShadow80 View Post
    Thinking this over a bit on the weekend, we should be able to offer a gas block that has the capability of being either gas on or gas off.
    Something we did not think about previously, so thanks for bringing it up.
    More stuff to design and make:D
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by polskiogorki View Post
    I would like to know as well. As well as a possible folding stock option..,,
    We are looking at making our own and also checking to see if there are any manufacturers of key mod hand guards that will fit AR10ish guns.
    I still have a ton of looking around at what others make and then to see if we can supply their goods so we can offer them.
    Will keep everyone posted on what all will or will not fit this beast.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    I am only on page 3 of 5 as i write this, so someone might have brought this up...

The other, long thread on this mentioned bringing in a 300 WM version. Since the initial offering is in the 308 family...243, 260, 7-08, 308, and 338 federal; how about, a different version based on a different family of case.

30-06 case: 25-06, 270, 280, 30-06, or the 35 Whelan

338 Win case: 264 WM,7 Rem mag, 308 Norma, 338 WM, 358 Norma.

The family of 30-06 makes more sense, but is also rather close to performance of the 308 family. The 338 WM family would be cool, impractical probably with the Norma's included. Given the potential problems getting a semi to run well with the belt of the 338 WM family, the 30-06 family is probably the most likely. Would be cool to do a 300 WM and maybe a 7mm Practical (7mm/300 WM) as a "family".

I believe they stuck with the 308 family to keep costs down..same receiver size, mag well, mags, springs...etc. Same thing would or could apply to another family, but probably not at the economy of scale...

Just dreaming...i would personally be in, but on a rifle based on more horsepower than the 308 case family. Longer barrel of say 24".
    Once we have the 308 family into full production we are looking at both scaling up and down the rifle, so that the 223 family of cartridges could be served and the magnum family for those who want 7 Rem Mag, 300 Win Mag have an option. The dreaded belt I don't see a real issue with, there are semi autos in belted magnums that work just fine already.

30-06 is a fine old cartridge but demand is virtually non existent and there is the mag problem. Short of a BAR/BLR or Rem semi auto mag what exists for 30-06? You have to understand to design and get a rifle like this into production is not a cheap venture and demand for a product is the only thing fueling development.

Besides we would have to change the name from "Modern" Hunter to something like "Antique" or "Old School" Hunter and it just doesn't have the same ring to it

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Rick, will the barrels be able to be changed by the end user with something like a AR wrench?

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    Rick, will the barrels be able to be changed by the end user with something like a AR wrench?
    Yes , a standard AR10 barrel wrench will do the deed assuming that the maker of the handguard uses a conventional AR10 barrel nut. Some hand guards like Daniel Defense and Samson use a proprietary barrel nut so their wrench would be required.
    Where I see a potential problem for the DIY guys is that the upper is substantially different so we will have to make action bars to fit as the clam shell style junk just won't work.

Guys. We have been flooded with emails asking questions. Many are about price.
    To try and allow me to get some work done on this gun please understand that as it stands we are seeing the base model rifle coming in at about $3000.00, this is plus or minus a hundred bucks we figure.

Please give me a few days to get the various options sorted out and to get confirmed pricing.
    I will post it as soon as I can.
    From inception we had figured that the base model would have a target of in the $3000.00 mark with upgraded models going up from there. A simple change from the match grade stainless steel barrel to a Carbon Fiber Wrapped barrel puts the price up by about $1000.00. Furniture just like on an AR15 varies a ton in price, so folks have to understand that there will be a difference in price between an A2 style butt stock equipped model versus a PRS stocked model.

A little more patience is greatly appreciated, believe me we ARE working on this for you.
    As soon as I have more intel to share you will have it.

Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Is there any time table?
    We are projecting about 6 months until the guns will be ready for pick up or shipping.

Also someone else asked on colors. The upper and lower will be anodized black, the barrels being stainless with be matte silver as standard but can be CeraKoted for a small additional charge.

Also on barrel length 18.6" will be the absolute minimum, 20, 22 and 24 are all optional at no additional cost, contours will be "light" similar to the light sporter of the DPMS LR308, "Varmint" which is similar ot the H-Bar or "Bull" barrel.

There are several more questions, but I need time to go through this thread to cover them.