Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Paid the $1,500 and got my place in the first 75... Excited to see this is happening...

I see no problem in sharing a portion of their risk, which is not high in my mind anyways, and support their efforts in bringing this concept into reality. Those that can't take that risk should simply don't sign up; and stop wasting everybody's time and bandwidth with their bitching and crying...

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    There are only a few more of the 1st 75 rifles available. We have decided to run additional 25 guns for a total of 100 in the first production run. Please note however that the 1st 75 will be the only 1s that the custom serial number will be an option on, the remaining 25 will be generic numbered. The rest of the options and upgrades are available.
    We will stop taking orders for Feb 2015 delivery on Sept 30th 2014. Any order placed after Sept 30 2014 will then be included in the 2nd production run which would likely make for Sept or Oct 2015 delivery times.
    We will require having all of the build sheets to be in our possession no later than Oct 15th 2014 so that we can get the parts such as barrel blanks, stocks etc ordered, received and sorted to clients build bin for assembly. Given the extremely slow nature of supply in the firearms industry these last few years we want to be proactive so that when the rifles are ready to assemble we have all the parts here to do so.

I will clean up this thread tonight and delete some of the posts that really have nothing to add to the sharing of info. To any who have their posts deleted, this is NOT in any way meant to censor or make light of the post, simply an attempt to keep the thread to the point and answer questions.

To all of you who have put down deposits, we want to thank you for your trust and support.
    I also ask that you all please check our website again simply because we have been updating the options over the last few days and we REALLY want to get your rifles built the way you want them. NOW is the time for any minor changes to be made easily.

For those on a tight budget please keep in mind that the good folks at Capital Tactical do offer financing for these rifles and we are set up with them.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    I've just sold my 7 mm and 30 30 , im now thinking this will be my new hunting rifle, it looks awesome. ( is it ok for me to talk about this rifle , in this thread? Or is this thread only for the 75 people who preordered? As I won't be buying one until next year.)
    It is an open thread. I just figured I could save new readers a TON of reading of now asked and answered questions and some posts that got a tad off topic.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by yohann160 View Post
    Are the buffer tubes the milspec or commerical spec variety?
    The stock determines which buffer tube is required. The A2 and PRS stocks employ an A2 style buffer tube which there is only 1 spec for.
    The CTR and some other stocks can be purchased in either mil spec or commercial buffer tube configurations, so would then require the appropriate buffer tube to fit the stock.

CGN Regular
    Is the basic collapsible stock included in the price milspec one? I'd simply swap it for a B5 sopmod.
    I sure hope so because that's exactly what I was planning as well.

I'm also assuming the 10 round xcr 308 mags will work as well?

Is the basic collapsible stock included in the price milspec one? I'd simply swap it for a B5 sopmod.
    The base model rifle with collapsible stock has the DPMS 6 position, which IIRC is a commercial buffer tube. Certainly the buffer tube and stock can be changed out to the mil spec model at slight additional cost. At this point we do not know if the B5 and similar Magpul stocks will work due to the charge handle positioning.
    We should have more info on this in the next couple of weeks.
    This is why we have only listed certain stocks and hand guards in the menu as we know that these will work without issue or modification.

Quote Originally Posted by swbw2000 View Post
    I sure hope so because that's exactly what I was planning as well.

I'm also assuming the 10 round xcr 308 mags will work as well?
    The XCR mags do fit.

Will you guys let us know if you haven't received our bill sheets or if you need a more updated one?

I don't see how the charging handle would interfere with the B5 Bravo?
    Mostly because the stock gets fat behind the the lower and with a side charge handle there "could" be clearance issues, so until we know for fact whether the charge handle will clear or not we are erring on the side of caution and only listing what we know will fit.
    We should have a much better idea in the next week or so as to these compatibility issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Will you guys let us know if you haven't received our bill sheets or if you need a more updated one?
    Once we have the build sheets in we will be reviewing them individually for any compatibility problems, or questions and will be contacting any where issues or questions arise.
    We will be emailing a confirmation to all once we have had time to review them.