Page 31 of 68 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    This thread is getting very long so time for another clean up.
    It is the "One thread to rule them all" type of thread. I know it would make more housework, but it might be nice to have a thread with consolidated, authoritative info from you (ATR) and another one (or several) for the chatter. That way someone looking to get a current rundown, FAQ answers, &tc. will have an easier time of it.

Just my $0.02. I'm loving the project, btw. Depending on my personal budget, I might be in for one from a 2015 production run. This is exactly the rifle I was looking for when I was researching deer rifles in 2012.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThurnYTaxis View Post
    It is the "One thread to rule them all" type of thread. I know it would make more housework, but it might be nice to have a thread with consolidated, authoritative info from you (ATR) and another one (or several) for the chatter. That way someone looking to get a current rundown, FAQ answers, &tc. will have an easier time of it.

Just my $0.02. I'm loving the project, btw. Depending on my personal budget, I might be in for one from a 2015 production run. This is exactly the rifle I was looking for when I was researching deer rifles in 2012.
    A great idea, I will try to make it happen.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Will you guys be using standard safe/fire symbols or the ATRS special of flipping the bird/peace sign?

So I thought I read something somewhere about a 223 version ... some day.
    Do you have any sort of rough time line for that?
    The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

CGN Regular
    Standard hk symbols. I already asked about getting the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotecreek View Post
    Will you guys be using standard safe/fire symbols or the ATRS special of flipping the bird/peace sign?

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Once we have the build sheets in we will be reviewing them individually for any compatibility problems, or questions and will be contacting any where issues or questions arise.
    We will be emailing a confirmation to all once we have had time to review them.
    Will you be emailing everyone there finished build sheet so we can review them to double check for errors before you start building them

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Since you guys have all the components there and are able to weigh them, what is the total weight and price of the rifle in 308 with the light profile barrel using all the lighter components you offer? No sights, just a scope rail needed.
    At this moment we do not have ALL the components and optional upgrades in stock.
    Once we do this will be easy to supply the info you request.

We should have the 1st uppers and lowers back from being anodized next week so will put together several rifles in various configurations to weigh and show off.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by mic1076 View Post
    Will you be emailing everyone there finished build sheet so we can review them to double check for errors before you start building them
    I would hope that everyone kept a copy of their build sheet that was submitted.
    What we are asking is that everyone check our website 1 st week of November as by then any additions or changes to options we have to offer will be posted.
    IF you find something you want to change or add please let us know so we can deal with it. IF you do not have any changes to be made we will be assembling the rifle based on the latest date stamped build sheet.

Please understand that we are a small shop and that having over 100 rifles to build over the next few months is a monumental task and to try and keep all of the orders straight, as literally each 1 is a custom to some degree is very time consuming, we need everyone's help in trying to make this as efficient as is possible.

We get a ton of calls and emails daily with questions, which we are happy to answer, but these also take time from the days productivity.
    Simply trying to keep this thread up trying to keep all informed and cover questions for all is a time consuming task.

Please understand we or specifically I am NOT at all complaining, just trying to share with all of you why sometimes it takes time for responses.
    Thank you for your support and understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by wagnerb View Post
    Is the last word on the FRT inspection in yet? I read back 6 pages of posts and if I missed it, I'm sorry.
    A final production rifle was sent to the RCMP lab on Oct 20th 2014. They should have it today I expect.
    We were told a few weeks would be required for them to ensure we kept a faithful reproduction of the original prototype, which we have apart from cosmetic improvements and adding some features commonly found on modern semi automatic rifles like bolt release, shell deflector, port cover, flared mag well, none of which should alter the legal classification.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    Someone may have already covered this, but all the calibers offered for the MH should feed out of the same magazine? And I presume with the same capacity?

Hope ATRS is planning on eventually selling complete uppers separately somewhere down the line. I know some of you guys can afford to buy multiple nearly identical rifles at the drop of a hat, but I would love to one day be able to just throw a different caliber kit on and be good to go. That is a major draw of a multi caliber upper/lower construction.

If yes, any idea what a base price might be on a separate upper?
    The mag is what limited the caliber selection in the first place. AR10 style rifles have been made in all of the calibers we are offering, so yes 1 mag will do all that are offered.

It IS our intention to offer spare complete uppers as you suggest. At this time we are just trying to keep a handle on the project so have not spent any time on trying to figure out what costs might be on additional uppers. We WILL be addressing this, just not exactly certain as to when. Hopefully prior to the New Year.