Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819202122232535 ... LastLast

Thread: The Modern Hunter Rifle UPDATED December 10 2015

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Guys I screwed up!! I posted that the UBR will work, it will not. Sorry about this I simply got my alphabet soup of stock nomenclature screwed up.
    I wanted to clarify this asap.
    So the issue is that the cover that seals the opening for the charging handle reciprocates along with the handle? How much material on the stock is blocking the handle? Is it insignificant enough that the material on the stock could be removed without compromising the stocks integrity?

I'm just trying to brainstorm.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moogles View Post
    So the issue is that the cover that seals the opening for the charging handle reciprocates along with the handle? How much material on the stock is blocking the handle? Is it insignificant enough that the material on the stock could be removed without compromising the stocks integrity?

I'm just trying to brainstorm.
    Your understanding is pretty much spot on. Exactly how much stock material needing to be removed is not know, but as near as I can guess about .125". It should not effect the integrity of the stock, but until we get more time to see all the issues with the UBR are stating non direct compatability.
    Let face it with enough messing about anything can be made to work.
    Give us a little more time on this 1 to see precisely what if anything can be done.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Am I correct that to change from .308 to 6.5 creedmoor would only be a barrel change? Cost of an extra match ss barrel? Same bolt, carrier and 308 magazines right?

Quote Originally Posted by ravohs View Post
    I can drop one off this weekend if you need one still
    Appreciate the offer. Another MH customer dropped by yesterday with a mag so we got what we needed from it. They DO fit and will work.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by bruin048 View Post
    could we have a count on how many pre-ordered.

Did I miss it somewhere.?
    The 75 that have custom serial number option have sold out. We are still taking pre-orders for the remaining 25 that will be identical in every respect except you missed out on the possibility of having your own custom serial number. We had a couple of cancellations, that were filled quickly.
    IF we get another cancellation we can offer that slot to someone with a generic serial numbered gun as we are still a little ways off before we get to engraving the serial numbers on the lowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotecreek View Post
    I assume we get to choose which barrel manufacturer is used. I'm sure being match barrels and chosen as options by atrs they'll all be great but any feedback on these? I'd sure like to go with Jury, being in Alberta or at least canada for those farther afield.
    IF you were to opt for a conventional stainless steel barrel, Jury certainly IS an option. The other option in this type of barrel is Lilja.
    IF you wanted Carbon Fiber Wrapped, then the ONLY option is Proof Research.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotecreek View Post
    Am I correct that to change from .308 to 6.5 creedmoor would only be a barrel change? Cost of an extra match ss barrel? Same bolt, carrier and 308 magazines right?
    Yes you are correct. Cost of spare barrels we are still trying to work out.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    IF you were to opt for a conventional stainless steel barrel, Jury certainly IS an option. The other option in this type of barrel is Lilja.
    IF you wanted Carbon Fiber Wrapped, then the ONLY option is Proof Research.
    Check out Mr. Jury's Facebook page…https://www.facebook.com/jurycustombarrels
    Pretty damn accurate machining.
    Can't wait for these.
    Thanks Rick.
    Last edited by Picatinny; 09-24-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmandell View Post
    Is there any chance of a bolt action upper? Mag fed or single shot would be ok with me.
    ATRS has stated that if you use an adjustable gas block and have it fully closed the rifle effectively becomes a straight pull bolt action. Or if you're really hardcore you might be able to get a barrel with no gas port, but personally I myself would prefer the flexibility of an adjustable gas block.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Regular
    Has anybody else gone in and fondled the lower prototype receiver, and the pre-prototype upper (the hunk of metal they submitted for FRT) ? I am amazed at just how precise the fit is, and I can't be the only person thinking that. Thing is a work of freaking art.

And on to the REAL question I have for anybody looking at this, any ideas where one can procure floor plates for the XCR-M 10 rd mags? I believe they are A.S.C. LLC stamped on the bottom, I'm going to try to put together a coupling system similar to the ones they have for the LAR-15 mags, and it would be much much easier with a couple of spare floor plates, instead of potentially rendering my magazines inoperable.