Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: WWII Springfield M1 Garand Recievers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Tracking numbers coming down the pipe now.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Wow! The Springfields were a little to steep for me so was gonna go for one of the Breda made receivers but they all disappeared in a hurry too... I guess that's what I get for hesitating.

Got mine today. Late May 1941 Serial Number to boot! Predates the attack on Pearl Harbour and the US formally entering the war. Couldn't be happier with it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Got mine today. Late May 1941 Serial Number to boot! Predates the attack on Pearl Harbour and the US formally entering the war. Couldn't be happier with it.
    That's a nice piece of history right there.
    "No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave." - James Burgh

The cake is a lie.

I thought so. I figured these would be late war, but pre-US conflict was never even thought of as a possibility. This one will be put back to period original. Could take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    I thought so. I figured these would be late war, but pre-US conflict was never even thought of as a possibility. This one will be put back to period original. Could take some time.
    Don't quote me on this but I think they were lend lease guns which is why they couldn't go back to the US and we got them.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Don't quote me on this but I think they were lend lease guns which is why they couldn't go back to the US and we got them.

Ryan
    That was my theory when you posted them. Still likely to have seen combat somewhere, I'm guessing Europe if Lend-Lease. Given mine is a 41 I doubt it spent 4-5 years in a crate sitting in a warehouse in Europe.

Mine lists as early Feb. 1944....once I get the grease cleaned off she'll get a good inspection but as she sits right now looks to be in excellent condition with very little wear

CGN Regular
    My two just arrived.

One of them was born in September 1943 and the other in January 1944.

I couldn't be more happy with them.

Amazingly easy process ordering from SFRC (the first time i've order from them), and I was impressed with their speed at getting the order processed and shipped (including verifying my PAL), along with impressed at their order system keeping me up to date on where my order was in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by avroe View Post
    My two just arrived.

One of them was born in September 1943 and the other in January 1944.

I couldn't be more happy with them.
    Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by avroe View Post
    Amazingly easy process ordering from SFRC (the first time i've order from them), and I was impressed with their speed at getting the order processed and shipped (including verifying my PAL), along with impressed at their order system keeping me up to date on where my order was in the process.
    Get used to it. And get used to having less money in your bank account. Hahaha