WWII Springfield M1 Garand Recievers

I would buy the Italian receiver, it's not as hard to as you may think to get matching parts if you take your time. I have an all PB build from butt plate to front sight, with a Danish VAR barrel, FKF Bayonet complete with FKF scabbard and FKF sling to match the FKF markings on the receiver. Only thing that wont be PB/FKF is the stock, most likely Boyds. Can't wait for it to be done!!

I will admit a WWII receiver would be F'n supreme, but its hard to argue with $50 for basically a Winchester receiver. In the USA I have seen PB/BMB receivers go for $400-500. And at the end of the day sends 30-06 down range. Love M1 Garands, congrats to the ones who picked up a Springfield! Enjoy the hunt and build!!!!

One is a WW2 Springfield made in the US.

One is a post WW2 Breda/Beretta made in the US.

One is in higher demand. One isn't.

You've got a slight error there. The Breda/Beretta receivers were made in Italy, by skilled Italian craftsmen, not in the USA. They have the Danish crown stamp on the heel, as they were made in Italy for the Danes, as NATO partners by then. The quality on them is no less than the USGI originals, and some say a bit better, however I've yet to finish my own Italian build and have not seen a USGI receiver close up enough to make a comment on that comparison. I wouldn't claim that myself without a good side-by-side examination, so its an unsubstantiated claim to me. What makes the Springfields worth so much more? Good question, but I'd have to say like most of the real USGI SA, IHC or WRA marked spare parts, it's the vanity value, for the purist collectors. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, if that's your bag, that's fine. I just wanted a quality shooter. It's a Franken-Garand anyway. Just sayin' how it is: supply and demand for a perceived status symbol rifle part. Like the other gent said, they all go bang and deliver a slug out the end of the barrel just fine. ;-)

You've got a slight error there. The Breda/Beretta receivers were made in Italy, by skilled Italian craftsmen, not in the USA. They have the Danish crown stamp on the heel, as they were made in Italy for the Danes, as NATO partners by then. The quality on them is no less than the USGI originals, and some say a bit better, however I've yet to finish my own Italian build and have not seen a USGI receiver close up enough to make a comment on that comparison. I wouldn't claim that myself without a good side-by-side examination, so its an unsubstantiated claim to me. What makes the Springfields worth so much more? Good question, but I'd have to say like most of the real USGI SA, IHC or WRA marked spare parts, it's the vanity value, for the purist collectors. Not saying there's anything wrong with that, if that's your bag, that's fine. I just wanted a quality shooter. It's a Franken-Garand anyway. Just sayin' how it is: supply and demand for a perceived status symbol rifle part. Like the other gent said, they all go bang and deliver a slug out the end of the barrel just fine. ;-)

It was a typo I've fixed. I have a Breda, and the Springfield is on the way. I'm sure there won't be any difference, other than markings and when it was born. But you hit my point on the head. The demand is that it is a WW2 Sprinfield, not that it does something different than any other Garand.

I missed out on these receivers as well. I was at work all night and checked at lunch and they were all gone. If I was just on day shift this week. I think I will pick up an Italian made receiver to start an M1 build.

I thought so. I figured these would be late war, but pre-US conflict was never even thought of as a possibility. This one will be put back to period original. Could take some time.

Don't quote me on this but I think they were lend lease guns which is why they couldn't go back to the US and we got them.

Ryan

Don't quote me on this but I think they were lend lease guns which is why they couldn't go back to the US and we got them.

Ryan

That was my theory when you posted them. Still likely to have seen combat somewhere, I'm guessing Europe if Lend-Lease. Given mine is a 41 I doubt it spent 4-5 years in a crate sitting in a warehouse in Europe.

Mine lists as early Feb. 1944....once I get the grease cleaned off she'll get a good inspection but as she sits right now looks to be in excellent condition with very little wear

My two just arrived.

One of them was born in September 1943 and the other in January 1944.

I couldn't be more happy with them.

Amazingly easy process ordering from SFRC (the first time i've order from them), and I was impressed with their speed at getting the order processed and shipped (including verifying my PAL), along with impressed at their order system keeping me up to date on where my order was in the process.

My two just arrived.

One of them was born in September 1943 and the other in January 1944.

I couldn't be more happy with them.

Congrats!!!

Amazingly easy process ordering from SFRC (the first time i've order from them), and I was impressed with their speed at getting the order processed and shipped (including verifying my PAL), along with impressed at their order system keeping me up to date on where my order was in the process.

Get used to it. And get used to having less money in your bank account. Hahaha

Back
Top Bottom