WWII Springfield M1 Garand Recievers

Chemist

Sponsoring Business
Business Member
Rating - 100%
395   0   0
They are now on the website. $199.95. Own a piece of WWII history.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_23&products_id=4242

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 4,532
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 4,482
Last edited:
you just have to hunt around for all the parts. Either individually, or in bunches. It will probably be easy at first, but some things will be hard. But if you can get it done for less than a g(a)rand, then it will be really great. No it won't be numbers matching, and it will be a mutt of epic proportions, but it will be yours, very shootable, and still worth more than you payed for it.

plus, being a mutt, and being that you have the parts one at a time, you can clean, smooth, tweak and refinish each part as you get it.

Dumb question of the month (so flaming is fine):

How come there are receivers and that is it? Where is the rest of that garand?

Just wondering if they are arsenal leftovers, salvage parts, from guns with destroyed barrels, war time battlefield pick-ups, or what? I don't know: so I am asking.

Dumb question of the month (so flaming is fine):

How come there are receivers and that is it? Where is the rest of that garand?

Just wondering if they are arsenal leftovers, salvage parts, from guns with destroyed barrels, war time battlefield pick-ups, or what? I don't know: so I am asking.

My guess, ex lend lease rifles that can't ever go back to the US. The rifles were stripped, the parts sent as kits to the US and the receivers were left over. SFRC picked up the receivers on mass as that is the part that can't go to the US, and sells them to ya.

Just a guess.

you just have to hunt around for all the parts. Either individually, or in bunches. It will probably be easy at first, but some things will be hard. But if you can get it done for less than a g(a)rand, then it will be really great. No it won't be numbers matching, and it will be a mutt of epic proportions, but it will be yours, very shootable, and still worth more than you payed for it.

plus, being a mutt, and being that you have the parts one at a time, you can clean, smooth, tweak and refinish each part as you get it.

There are no matching numbers for Garands, the only serial number on the rifle is on marked on the heel, every other part if marked will have a drawing numbers dont match each other either, all the info needed to build a parts correct US Garand are here http://usriflecal30m1.com/, I have made my Garand 99% parts correct, just need a 1944 barrel.

There are no matching numbers for Garands, the only serial number on the rifle is on marked on the heel, every other part if marked will have a drawing numbers dont match each other either, all the info needed to build a parts correct US Garand are here http://usriflecal30m1.com/, I have made my Garand 99% parts correct, just need a 1944 barrel.

True, but there are production differences.
Milled vs stamped trigger guard, etc.
So a serial number range should include one version rather than the other.

True, but there are production differences.
Milled vs stamped trigger guard, etc.
So a serial number range should include one version rather than the other.

Indeed that is correct, but that website I listed is excellent, just type in the serial number on the heel stamp in the "my Garand" section and it will give you a list of everything that should be on your garand for that year/month/ serial number range of production, so example, milled or stamped trigger guards, short forked long forked op rod guide rods, lock bars sights and so on and so on. really good site check it out.

So glad I didn't send my Breda for reparkerizing, now that these are available!!!

WRT parts I sourced the following from these sources:

- Barrel / Stock -> Dean's Gun Restoration
- Trigger Group (Complete) -> Numrich
- All other parts -> eBay.

Back
Top Bottom