Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt C7

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Gunner View Post
    So any word on a Mil/LEO only C7/C8 offering?
    ???
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    ???
    That being a C7 or C8 with discount pricing for mil or leo only? There was talk of a 30th anniversary C7 at one point for mil pers.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money

We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people.
    - Jul 2005
    - Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

كافر

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Gunner View Post
    That being a C7 or C8 with discount pricing for mil or leo only? There was talk of a 30th anniversary C7 at one point for mil pers.

I e-mailed Korth, this was the reply:

Hi Mister Donut,

My name is Steve Corlett I work for Korth group who you contacted about the Canadian Colt rifles. At this time there is not a mil –plan discount in effect but I know there is talk of putting one together please keep us in mind and check in from time to time.

Thanks Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    I e-mailed Korth, this was the reply:

Hi Mister Donut,

My name is Steve Corlett I work for Korth group who you contacted about the Canadian Colt rifles. At this time there is not a mil –plan discount in effect but I know there is talk of putting one together please keep us in mind and check in from time to time.

Thanks Steve
    Great thanks.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money

We're not the public service of Canada, we're not just another department. We are the Canadian Forces, and our job is to be able to kill people.
    - Jul 2005
    - Gen Hillier, Chief of the Defence Staff

كافر

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Which is what I speak of. Diemaco triad rails.

Where do you think he got it..........? I would venture a guess it wasn't through a civilian commercial sale initiated by Diemaco, as Diemaco hasn't released those via public sale. Those have been sold to the military and police however.
    About the Triad rail I know a couple of the subcontractors that make non-recievered parts for various outfits some US company's and some Canadian companies. They make rails and for ends,buffer tubes and strait sections of rail. The myth that Colt Canada amongst others makes every single little thing in house is just that a myth. Some of these companies have overruns of smaller parts that get sent home with employees again no receivers or uppers for that matter. Just strange little bits and bobs for Ar-15 pattern rifles. So I know some one who may or may not have an authentic charging handle from a U.S. contract. Milspec yes but then again no one wants just a plain charging handle. So that is how a legit section of something or the other off a Colt Canada contract can end up in private hands. Be careful because you have an 60% that this part is from South Korea or a 15% chance that this part is made in China the other 2.5% chance that the product is from Saskatchewan or 2.5% chance that it is American. Or 20% chance this is a "hot" item these are my highly unofficial guestamations. Also this could be a person with a CAD file and a spare 3 axis mill in there farm in northern Sask just be aware that this person thinks krylon is real paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Atman.01 View Post
    About the Triad rail I know a couple of the subcontractors that make non-recievered parts for various outfits some US company's and some Canadian companies. They make rails and for ends,buffer tubes and strait sections of rail. The myth that Colt Canada amongst others makes every single little thing in house is just that a myth. Some of these companies have overruns of smaller parts that get sent home with employees again no receivers or uppers for that matter. Just strange little bits and bobs for Ar-15 pattern rifles. So I know some one who may or may not have an authentic charging handle from a U.S. contract. Milspec yes but then again no one wants just a plain charging handle. So that is how a legit section of something or the other off a Colt Canada contract can end up in private hands. Be careful because you have an 60% that this part is from South Korea or a 15% chance that this part is made in China the other 2.5% chance that the product is from Saskatchewan or 2.5% chance that it is American. Or 20% chance this is a "hot" item these are my highly unofficial guestamations. Also this could be a person with a CAD file and a spare 3 axis mill in there farm in northern Sask just be aware that this person thinks krylon is real paint.
    So companies, with "bits and bobs" left over, with Diemaco stamp marks, sell off product with their contractors logo on it???

Um, no. The only rifles that end up having Diemaco stamps on them, are Diemaco rifles, Colt Canada rifles, and Colt Defense rifles. That goes for all the little bits and bobs on them too.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Any way to check the authenticity of a triad rail?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by martiy View Post
    Any way to check the authenticity of a triad rail?
    He didn't post any photos, but the real one has the Diemaco emblem stamped/cast into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    He didn't post any photos, but the real one has the Diemaco emblem stamped/cast into it.
    On top, above the screw...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CdnCombatMedic's Avatar
    Korth has decided not to do a Leo/Mil pricing on these.
    This was after an email from korth confirming they were and it would be in place by end Aug.
    I sent an email to follow up today and was informed of this development.
    CC/Korth has really #### the bed IMO.
    I will be sending a email to CC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast