Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: JUST IN!!!!!!!!! E-Lander 10 Round AIA 308 Magazines.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    Will these run in a ruger gunsite scout?
    No. The front of the Ruger is narrower than the AIA and the rear locking lug is lower down on the Ruger. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Finally trialed mine today in my Norinco M.....Enfield rifle...

Does not work reliably.
    Sorry and maybe it's just my rifle but here's my no bias no BS summary.

The front of the mag not having the op rod guide pin hole is not the issue at all as the size of the mag front to rear in the mag well is tight enough.
    The issue (with my rifle anyhow) was that the magazine lug on the rear is much smaller than a standard one in the vertical sense.
    This left the REAR of the magazine sitting about 1/5" or so lower than it should when its attached.
    Mine experienced constant failures to pick up a cartridge as a result of this and many cartridges feeding into the chamber at too sharp of an angle (due to the rear of the magazine sitting too low the bolt barely caught the cartridge case and jammed it up into the top of the chamber then rode over the top of what was still under the bolt line damaging/bending projectiles in the case essentially a classic "stovepipe")

You can wedge in some toothpicks or something into the sides of the metal sleeves in the stock between the metal and the wood of the stock to make it pinch the magazine much harder at the rear to hold the back of the magazine higher than the lug allows it to drop. This could permanently damage the metal though by bending it too much and could render the mag hard to impossible to remove etc Could leave it permanently attached and top load I guess as a possibility in this manner.

I know these aren't designed for the "Norinco" Enfield but as 99.3% of all people who are buying them are buying them for that model, I thought I'd post this as customer awareness aid considering the crazy price of them.

The only way I got it to work reliably (well about 75% of the time) was to push up constantly with considerable force on the bottom of the magazine while shooting the entire time.

I'll be posting mine for sale on the EE for about $70

I'm hoping this doesn't get deleted but these days on CGN..........
    Interesting, I bought 6 all have the same short locking lug. I have the same occasional ftf and hold open issues thought it was normal with these mgs in a Norinco. Does no one else have issues?
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

The critical measurement is not the length of the tab but rather the measurement from the top of the mag (where it mates with the receiver) and the bottom of the tab. These mags were designed to fit and feed firstly in the AIA rifle, and they do.

These mags are been used in a large variety of different” M14” type rifles, these rifles do show variations in quality and tolerances so we are not claiming they will work in every rifle out there. When I have checked any mags that have been returned they have always locked in place and activated the bolt catch when checked with a rifle in the store. When we have had a return I think the customer has returned all the mags he purchased rather than one out of a group making me suspicious that the problem may have been with the rifle. When we first received the shipment we checked fit function (including live firing) in the AIA, Norinco M305 (a short and long rifle from different production batches) my very old Springfield M1A and a Winchester M14 using IVI surplus ammo and had no problems.

The magazines should lock in tight, there should not be any up and down movement at the rear, if the rear of the mag will drop then FTF and failure to activate the bolt catch could be expected.

We have sold several thousand of these mags now and have had very few complaints and returns. If you read all the posts on this thread the general consensus is that they work well in the vast majority of rifles. It is possible that an odd mag has slipped through the production and is out of spec, these are mass produced not handmade. I don’t believe we have had a mag returned that was measurable out of spec or we would have reported that to the manufacture so we in turn could claim a replacement.

Please check our warranty policy, we will refund for any item if returned in original condition if we are contacted within 7 days of you receiving the order for a return authorization number. If you file or alter the magazine in any way we will not accept it’s return.

What's the eta on more of these?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN_32 View Post
    What's the eta on more of these?
    We have plenty in stock, order 5 or more and the price is adjusted to the 5 + price before you are charged.

Right on. Sorry didn't look that hard. Tried your link on the first page - it doesn't work so assumed you were out. Thanks!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Chris Kyle April 8, 1974 - February 2, 2013

Is this deal still going on for 5+ magazines?

Quote Originally Posted by brianphung View Post
    Is this deal still going on for 5+ magazines?
    It would appear so: https://www.wolverinesupplies.com/Pr...ne%2C-10-Round
    From the above linked ad on Wolverine site:
    Purchase 5 or more magazines for $55 each. Please note that the price will be adjusted once the order is received at the store.
    I do note a misprint on their ad where they mention havinng to possibly pin them to 10 rounds if you make the hole for the op spring. I suspect they mean five.
    From their ad:
    These mags are not M14 mags as they do not have the square hole in the front for the end of the M14 operating spring guide to fit into. This hole is not required in these mags for them to fit an M14 type rifle. It has been correctly pointed out that to make that hole in these mags could put you into the position of possessing a prohibited device, unless you permanently blocked them to a ten rd capacity.

CGN Regular

Thumbs up "All good"

Mine fit and function perfectly. Ten rounds. No hole cutting/drilling required, just plug and play.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    One of my guns these mags don't function well!! But the factory mags run 100%