Thread: registration card. apply or automatic?

registration card. apply or automatic?

Hey guys,

I bought a restricted from IRUNGUNS but I am still waiting on my registration card. Is that something that's automatic or or do I still need to register it on the RCMP site?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    IRG will call the CFO to initiate a transfer to you. When complete, they will then be able to ship the gun to you. I forget if IRG starts transfers before or after they have the gun in-country, assuming you bought from the US store. The CFC will mail out your registration card at some later date. Usually at least a week later, I think they only print and mail registration certificates on a certain day of the week. Depending on the exact timing, the gun may arrive before the registration certificate does.

Also, assuming that you bought from the US site and the stuff needs to be imported, IRG only imports periodically, which means that your order might sit for a few days before it heads towards the border on the next shipment, and then it's at the mercy of CBSA.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

Got my rifle on the 22nd but still waiting for the registration. I just want to shoot :|!!

BTW thank you for the reply

Get in touch with IRG to make sure his paperwork is out the door, but 99.5% sure it's a waiting game now. My private transaction took 10 days after receiving the firearm before my registration card came. My LTATT took another 5 weeks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevebot-7 View Post
    snip
    Also, assuming that you bought from the US site and the stuff needs to be imported, IRG only imports periodically, which means that your order might sit for a few days before it heads towards the border on the next shipment, and then it's at the mercy of CBSA.
    Importation happens once a month and the cut-off date is the 15th of each month. If you happen to order something from the US site on the 16th, your order sits in limbo for 4 weeks. On the outside, you could be waiting for up to two months before your order is in your hands.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

Murphys law. Card came in the mail today.