Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning a Rifle and Handgun?

Cleaning a Rifle and Handgun?

Not sure if this is the place I should be posting this, so sorry if it's not

Just wondering if someone with more experience could give me a step by step guide to cleaning an IWI Tavor and also Glock 22, which I recently ordered.
    So far I've purchased "Pro Shot Products Rifle Cleaning Kit", "Frog Lube" (although I might switch since I'm not a fan of the minty smell), and "M-Pro 7" gun cleaner as suggested by the folks at The Shooting Center in Calgary.
    They gave me a bit of instruction in but I want to make sure I get it right and get into good habits of proper cleaning.
    If anyone could give me a more detailed walkthrough, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Goggle the phrase '' step by step guide to cleaning an IWI Tavor'' hit enter and then do the same for Glock 22 and you will find a boat load of guys who have uploaded to the u toob ....
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    This^

Might want to try G96 CLP, smells like egg nogg! Makes me hungry when cleaning!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    It's not the right place, but it's close enough. When you get 'em, there should be a manual for each. That should have field stripping and cleaning instructions.
    Doesn't really matter which solvent you use. You will need a handgun cleaning rod, a 40 cal brush and patches. Patches with the word gun on the package can be kind of pricey. A couple of yards of 60" wide(or 36 or 45 inches), flannelette(winter sheet/PJ material), remnant from a discount fabric shop can be had for under $10. Cut it into 2 x 4 inch strips for .40 cal(this size for .30 cal and .45), 1 x 2 for .223. The women in fabric shops are used to guys asking about fabrics, so ask 'em if you need to.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    http://vimeo.com/27956600

Always here to help. Can some one imbed, I can't from here..
    sic semper tyrannis

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This^

Link to where you buy it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bollox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kobs View Post
    Link to where you buy it?
    Every Canadian Tire I have ever been to..
    sic semper tyrannis

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ganderite's Avatar
    A good solvent works over time. When i return from the range, I squirt some G96 into the barrel and then give it a few strokes with a brush.

Then I put it away. A day or two later, or the next time i shoot, I pass a patch down the barrel to wipe out the crud the G96 has developed.

A squirt of G96 into the action a a few passes of an old tooth brush cleans the action.
    -- Learn by the experience of others.... you won't live long enough to make all the mistakes yourself.
    -- The fool mistakes his world for the world.
    -- Doubt is uncomfortable but certainty is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    This^

I always thought it smelled like apple pie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast