Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominion Arms 1887 Lever Action Shotgun

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drumstyx View Post
    Well all that said, I don't think anyone would have complaints about market-rate stuff. Being my favourite retailer here, $70 at cabelas vs even $75 at CanadaAmmo, you guys win out! (Well let's be honest, I'd pile on other stuff to get free shipping)
    Sorry, we have done the numbers, and we will not be carrying it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Sorry, we have done the numbers, and we will not be carrying it.
    Oh well, I'll just have to buy up some more rifle ammo then...woe is me :P

CGN Regular
    One more thing to note: You can't really lock this thing. There's no room for a cable lock to get through the action, and something tells me an inspector would get whiny about a trigger lock on a lever action (even though pulling the trigger doesn't actually do anything while the lever is down, and it's not an open trigger guard)

I guess it's case or bust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    One more thing to note: You can't really lock this thing. There's no room for a cable lock to get through the action, and something tells me an inspector would get whiny about a trigger lock on a lever action (even though pulling the trigger doesn't actually do anything while the lever is down, and it's not an open trigger guard)

I guess it's case or bust.
    Usually you can get a cable lock to go through the lever and around the grip enough to prevent the lever from fully opening...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN frequent flyer
    You can buy locally for 51-55 dollars and the average I've seen is 60 (for 250) I don't see where importing them special could ever be cheaper.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this thread is a couple of months old but you must have shot it by now. So how did it do.

CGN Regular
    not bad at all. Being a lever action with such a large cartridge, you do have to work the action quite vigorously, but it does the job and looks badass as hell. At Silverdale, had quite a few onlookers by the end of the first magazine. Cylinder bore, so accuracy with the roundball slugs is minute-of-barn, but damn if it isn't fun :D

CGN frequent flyer
    There is a device you can get that locks the lever to the stock. Don't know if it would fit this gun. Or, while it is sold in Canada, whether the goons accept it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepperpopper View Post
    There is a device you can get that locks the lever to the stock. Don't know if it would fit this gun. Or, while it is sold in Canada, whether the goons accept it.

Hmm, neat idea. Especially considering I really don't know how the heck I'll lock my Henry lever .22; with no loading gate there's nowhere to put a cable lock with the action open. No big deal for now, since I just keep it in the safe though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    not bad at all. Being a lever action with such a large cartridge, you do have to work the action quite vigorously :D
    Once you figure out how much effort is required....to eject the shell, raise the lifter, etc., these lever SG's are a hoot to shoot. My 1887 T2 won't replace my pump (for reliability, SHTF, etc.) but does have its merits.
    joi gin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast