Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calm After the Storm - Archangel Nomad

Quote Originally Posted by spugnoid View Post
    I have this kit as well. I like the kit for what it is (10/22 in a little black dress) however, even with replacement feed lips for the mags, I have yet to find ammo that feeds reliably for more than a mag or two. I have tried some Federal and Winchester that I had laying around and it was ok. However, due to the rimfire shortage in my neck of the woods, I ended up with a brick of Yellow Jackets even though I have sworn off Remington rimfire. I used to shoot those exclusively out of my remington semi-auto when I was younger so I took a chance.

I've heard the term jam-o-matic but never thought I'd own one. A typical magazine goes like this: misfeed, doublefeed, no-feed, bang!, misfeed, !@$%#@, misfeed, *&!@#$, misfeed, bang!, repeat ad-nauseum. Anyways, I've put it in the safe until I can find some non-Remington ammo and test it again. At the end of a 20min cuss-fest there is just as much destroyed live ammo on the ground as there are empties. I have tried to always load the mags with the bolt locked open as per instructions but I think the shape of the Yellow Jackets just isn't compatible with these mags. I don't even own any other aftermarket mags to test.

Mostly the rounds are not lifting up and entering the chamber properly but instead get mashed against the edge and hold the bolt open.

Maybe when I've finished building my AR I will have some time and money to go back and make the Nomad work.
    It almost seems like a 22 will acquire a preference for whatever you break it in with. My bolt action Mossberg 22 loves CCI and Federal but hates Winchester hollow points. My 1022 Hates Federal with a passion but loves Winchester hollow points. It didn't like Winchester at first but that's what I broke it in with and now runs it very well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Mine runs well on CCI mini mag and Winchester M-22.

Moe

I have had no problems with the stock some minor troubles fitting it together but nothing the right tools can't fix, the magazines on the other hand are garbage. My solution was using butler creek steel lip mags and tossing the promag ones

I tried loading all 5 mags full and letting them sit while I was on vacation for two weeks, but it didn't seem to help at all. I also fed them with the bolt open, no luck there either. Once I see some more Federal around, I'll pick up another box. Hopefully it is just a matter of breaking them in!

Use the gsg drum mag and call it a day. works flawless with the thunderbolts, if they are ever in stock.

I have had this kit on my 10/22 now for about a year. When I got it, I got a spare mag to go with it. I have all but stop taking my 10/22 to the range. Not once have I been able to fire a full mag downrange. I have all but gave up on taken it to the range. I love the look but it has been a waste of money. I'm in the process right now and trying to send both mags back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    I never had any issue assembling my kit. Never went on youtube to understand the process. I found the instructions clear. The rifle had issues with the mag. After a brick it became reliable. I just hose out the mag with cleaner every 4th loading and good to go. I now have about one jam every 100rds.
    I had the same experience. I had no trouble putting it together without resorting to the 'net. As a bonus my factory Pro-Mag mags have worked flawlessly (as in zero jams) with Federal bulk pack.

As soon as he said he reached for the rubber mallet his credibility went in the toilet. When it comes to fitting guns together the old "use a bigger hammer" strategy seldom works. It is not unusual for molded plastic parts to have slight warps or imperfections which can easily be corrected with some judicious file/sandpaper/Dremel work. His problem was simply lack of patience. It only stands to reason that if the gun functioned fine before he put the stock on the problem lay with the stock putting undue pressure on some parts of the gun & causing mechanical problems. This happens often in the mag well area. Remove enough material & the problem will go away. It can be tedious but it's not nuclear physics.

I wish he lived next door to me so I could have fished the kit out of the garbage & fixed it.

I have purchase mine from Irunguns.com and I have a lot of issues with the magazines. The rounds feed offset always. I have decide to purchase another Archangel magazine and a different one: Buttlecreek.
    I have the same feeding issue now with all magazines. This rifle is useless. The only good point is the look ;-)

I sent the rifle to Irungun this morning and I'll pay for that. Hope they will be able to adjust the mechanism or I think I'll forget my money on that case. But at this point, I won't recommend this kit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    Never had an issue with mine. I do mainly user my BC mags, as I had a few anyway. They run flawlessly.

My biggest issue with mine, if I am absolutely honest...is the room it takes up in my safe!!!
    Prost!

Berger

BANNED
    So, the consensus so far appears as though maybe half of us have mag issues, and others have been lucky with flawless performance? My mags can be removed without tapping the mag release. All I have to do is tilt them and I can yank them out. And yeah, they don't always feed straight.

I love looks, can't go wrong there, but yeah, it's huge and takes up a ton of space in my safe. Another thing is a 10/22 has no business being that heavy. The kit adds a TON of unecessary weight without adding anything to performance.

In hindsight, I probably would have just gotten a Hogue stock for mine and been done with it, but these things don't fetch a lot of $$ on EE so there's no point in selling it. I'll keep my eyes open for other solutions to make mine run better. Requiring over 100 rounds for a mag (someone said 4 or 5 mags' worth of rounds?) to break-in so it starts to feed properly kind of sucks. This is the first mag that I've had that requires this. I've got three magazines, so I'm not sure if each of mine has had over 100 rounds. Guess time will tell.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast