Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calm After the Storm - Archangel Nomad

i ahve had this on my ruger for about 2 years now. Never had any issues with the stock or the mags. I have 5 mags and all function flawless. Sometime it does act up if i load it to the max, but if i'm around 20-23, then its usually fine

All in all, when it works - it works very well. I took it out this morning to sight it in. I finished off my box of bulk Win#Dynapoint through my one functional magazine. I didn't bring my problematic magazines as my goal was to just get my scope where I want it. At 50 yards, I had no problem stacking shots and shooting 12g 2 3/4 shells. At 75 yards I was hitting shells, but not always where I wanted to. And at 125 yards I was hitting sideways clay pigeons with ease.

Honestly, I am extremely satisfied with the 10-22. The Nomad serves its purpose with both the elongated scope mount and lower picatinny rail for the bipod.

Out of a 25 round mag dump, I had one dud round, with no fault to the stock.

With some free advertising to Wanstalls

Question: How do you clean your 10/22 with the stock on? Do you need to disassemble everything?

Just curious...
    Gun control means using both hands

Quote Originally Posted by Cone_Skid_Cone View Post
    I was very pleased with Wanstalls quick and inexpensive delivery of the Nomad kit for my 10-22 ruger. They even threw in some paper targets in the shipment that I am still using. This is a bit of a late review as I had purchased it several months ago. The only troubles I had were not with Wanstalls but the product itself. After experiencing jams and malfunctions with various ammo, I sent the stock and magazines back to Promag. One key reminder, make sure you tell them you are a Canadian to be redirected to the Northern warranty center. My stock had been stuck in the US for roughly 2 months due to this miss communication. Taking the Nomad shooting after everything was cleared up, I had only brought Winchester Dynapoint .22Lr bulk. One out of the five magazine works flawlessly, the rest still cause various jams. I'd use Wanstalls again for my next purchase, but I'd be slightly more weary about buying another Arch Angel product. They did everything in their power to make it right, but the problem still persists.

At least I will have one magazine for grouse hunting this weekend!
    That looks like alot of wait to be lugging around for a .22 rifle

This is mine:

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by M-A-X View Post
    Question: How do you clean your 10/22 with the stock on? Do you need to disassemble everything?

Just curious...
    I just use a bore snake for regular maintenance, and I yank the whole thing apart maybe once a year to do a detailed cleaning (take the bolt and trigger group out).

Quote Originally Posted by GundamZero View Post
    That looks like alot of wait to be lugging around for a .22 rifle
    Not going to lie, the Archangel stock adds a ton of weight to the rifle. A 10/22 has no business being that heavy, haha!

i love the kit, cuz i makes me feel like i can afford and use a g36. however all 3 of my magazines are absolutely terrible. on a good day, 5/25 jams. bad day, 15/25. i ended up buying other 22s to fill the void this one left (since i prefer not to use it due to the jamming).
    that said, i heard one upon a time promag was gonna sell a steel feed lip attachment. was i on drugs or is this true?

Just curious...
    I go above and beyond what is necessary with my rifles, as I enjoy cleaning them almost as much as shooting them. I generally run a bore snake through after I'm done shooting with a bit of solvent. I do a full break down every two trips in the bush, which works out to about once a week. Before hitting the bush for hunting, I'll usually go to my 'quiet place' for an hour or two to make sure I'm shooting true. On average, my 10-22 sees about 100 to 200 rounds each weekend.

I work a fairly physical job, which generally has me running 15km a day with 30 to 100lbs on my shoulders. Grouse hunting in the bush with an overweight .22 doesn't bother me, or greatly affect my accuracy. I now use the GS drum to save on time spent reloading after target practice. As an added bonus, its easier on the fingers.

The only real downfall I can see now is the distance between the barrel and the scope. I zero my scope at 75 yards for plinking, and most grouse I run into are between 10 and 25 yards.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunNut View Post
    The guy was too impatient and didn't even let his mag break in. Every 25 round mag I've ever had would not start to feed properly until after at least 3 or 4 full loads. He let his frustration and disappointment put his money in the garbage before the kit could even work itself in.
    I kind of believe that if it's not going to work out of the box it's not worth buying.

Thx for the answers! Does your optic loose zero during the disassembly or it's not that bad? I might use my eotech(quick release) I have on my AR for this.
    Gun control means using both hands

Thx for the answers! Does your optic loose zero during the disassembly or it's not that bad? I might use my eotech(quick release) I have on my AR for this.
    It always seems to stay fairly true, but not perfect. I had to widen the holes for the receiver screws for it to accept my receiver. It was off by about 1/16", and I may have slightly over drilled. Keep in mind, do not overtighten the stock. It doesn't take much to strip the plastic. In the future I'd like to replace major attachment points with a nut and bolt system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast