Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The AR-10 - Past, Present and In-Between - Video!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer twistedbrilliance's Avatar
    Awesome video!
    lib*er*al: 'li-b(&-)r&l
    noun: a person so open-minded their brains have fallen out

[QUOTE=Epoxy7;10503426]True, but compared to a 50 BMG I can say with confidence the spotter had a much easier time with the AR10 weight than the sniper carrying a 50BMG!! So all relative I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by lanis View Post

Would love to but hoping Wolverine adds a second amendment video with information on the AR10 DND model!!
    The AR10T that you show looks like one of the AR10T that I did the final assemble on, here in house for DND. If I remember correctly I changed the T designation from Target to Tactical. At the time the Badger Hand guards were the best available to meet the requirements as laid down by DND. These requirements quickly changed and we were criticised for supplying a cumbersome heavy rifle but we had to supply a rifle that met the DND specifications at that time. We used the one piece base as used by Accuracy International as this was the only base with forward declination that allowed the correct zero of the Schmidt & Bender.

I would love to tell the whole story including how I developed the P4 reticle but the terms of my DND contract do not allow that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fireball's Avatar
    A FAL carry handle would be great
    NFA CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post

The AR10T that you show looks like one of the AR10T that I did the final assemble on, here in house for DND. If I remember correctly I changed the T designation from Target to Tactical. At the time the Badger Hand guards were the best available to meet the requirements as laid down by DND. These requirements quickly changed and we were criticised for supplying a cumbersome heavy rifle but we had to supply a rifle that met the DND specifications at that time. We used the one piece base as used by Accuracy International as this was the only base with forward declination that allowed the correct zero of the Schmidt & Bender.

I would love to tell the whole story including how I developed the P4 reticle but the terms of my DND contract do not allow that.
    Oh it definitely is one of the AR10T rifles you put together for DND. :D . I have this one which was one of the prototype models that had 200 rounds through it for testing and I have another one that I bought off the EE which had camo paint on it. I don't know the history of that one, however it was a DND upper. Awesome rifle. Fireball managed to con me into selling one to him! At present I can say that I have owned a total of three of these rifles. Only ever two at a time though. I know of another CGN sponsor who has two of them in his collection. It's one of those little known gems. But those that own them know exactly what they are and how they shoot.

The Badger handguards are heavy but... they are fantastic. Extremely heavy duty/durable as well as excellent sitting in a bag. That rifle doesn't move. I know some have also criticized the 24" barrel length over a 20" as per the DND requirement. The 24" Wather Lothar (Pretty sure that's what they are) 1:11.25 SS triple lapped, ceramic coated barrels are shooters. The 24" barrel with that handguard works great. It's one of those sum is greater than the parts deals where the whole rifle just works. These things have a military purpose built look and feel to them.

You did an excellent job with these rifles! Of note is that I've had people who served with these AR10T rifles try and find them on the civilian market as they wanted the same rifle they had in the military. That says something about how they performed.

One more picture.

Last edited by Epoxy7; 09-22-2014 at 12:17 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer LeeEnfieldNo.4_mk1's Avatar
    Im gonna ask this question here since its related.

Are the stripped AR-10 lowers you guys are selling the old one that take the Armalite mags, or the new pattern that take the DPMS style mags?

Also, will the armalite 2-stage tactical trigger kit work in both the AR-10 and AR-15? I have one in my current AR15 and would like to transfer it over to the AR-10 build Im planning if possible.
    I'm no Superman, but don't worry, it's a common mistake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123