Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Norinco 1911A1

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    I documented almost everything I did to my norc 1911. They're definitely "rough finished" when you get them, in fact, mine had a trigger so out of whack that it would travel too far out and catch on the frame. It's now one of my best shooters (well the sights are meh but I know where to aim with it...
    (sorry it's a bit long)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf4rukeY7Sg
    No farmers, no food. No truckers, no food.
    No politicians...no problem.

Are you able to replace the sights on this 1911 model?

I just bought a Norc NZ85B from a guy in Quebec City. Application to transfer submitted Sept 29 approved Sept 30. He has not yet been able to ship as Quebec FO will not act until they receive the written Seller's transfer notice from CFC. Then, you have to wait for them to issue an ATT to take it to the Post Office. He estimates shipping date as around the 14th Oct. Thank God we live in Canada not Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by drumstyx View Post
    Confirmed. Knock on wood, it seems transfers have just been getting faster and faster. Last year I bought an SR9 from a fellow member, and it was complete in under 24 hours as well. Bought a P762 from CanAm late on Friday, transfer started yesterday, and again, less than 24 hours later, complete.

I also have this great experience with ATTs; when I moved this winter, the guy gave me the ATT number over the phone and said I was good to go if I just kept that on hand.
    CSSA / BC Wildlife Federation / Conservative Party of Canada

What is the barrel length of the ones that cost $279?
    Thanks
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

They are a standard GI so 5".
    I aim to misbehave

CGN Regular
    Can someone please tell me: What is the date of manufacture of these 1911A1s? The year, at least?
    thx

^ i would also like to know...also who were these pistols originally intended for?

CGN Regular
    I have one from the combo with the 45 ammo. I love it. I have replaced the trigger and slide stop with Dlask parts, I installed a Wilson combat hammer, sear and beavertale along with an STI extended safety. Trigger is superb with these parts. I also took a small file and widened the rear sight notch to about 0.130 inches as the factory notch is too narrow. Now it is about the same width as a CZ Shadow sight. You get more light around the front post so it is easier to pick up and followup shots are faster. As long as your loads are at the right OAL you should have no issues with this gun. I don't plan to ever sell this one. I would get another in a heart beat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporting Lad View Post
    Can someone please tell me: What is the date of manufacture of these 1911A1s? The year, at least?
    thx
    Approx 1997, from what we heard, meant For an LE or Military, not sure which, and are either cancelled orders or over runs, to many made! Excellent guns for the money. I have 3 and shoot only one so far, I haven't done anything to it ye but clean and deburring a very few spots, no fte or FTf yet and will soon start doing minor parts upgrades/irovements!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    No longer applies...
    Last edited by PlaidSon; 11-04-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast